Finding components for maintenance and upgrades

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29

Reaction score
Need new plastic plate for my trolling motor plug. Need new aluminum screws for various stuff on the boat. Little things like that.
Where would I find stuff like that? Tried the dealer and manufacturer and was told they only carry the stuff for a few years.
Happy New Year!

Most ACE or True Value hardware stores sell aluminum screws for use on screen doors.

Post photo of your plug plate and maybe we can be of help, or check on eBay for similar ones. Perhapseven fashion a new one out of delrin or other HDPE type plastic?

X2 on Ace Hardware. Super handy for odds and ends. Also, there's a big metal recycling yard near home that is a great place for a tinkerer to wander around. Need a piece of....anything....and search until you find something you can make work. Love that place....and it's cheap. $1/lb for steel; $3/lb for aluminum.

My goto for fasteners is a Fastenal store. Those guys can get anything.

kdgrills said:
Mcmaster is my goto for most things hardware.
If they don't have it, you probably don't need it.

https://www.mcmaster.com/

Problem with McMaster is the shipping charges. They have one-way of shipping...Next Day Express.

I had a $60 order set up...then backed out when the shipping charge was $40 more....ordered from Fastenal.

MN Fisher said:
Problem with McMaster is the shipping charges. They have one-way of shipping...Next Day Express.

I had a $60 order set up...then backed out when the shipping charge was $40 more....ordered from Fastenal.

Ah, I never considered shipping. I work just down the road from them, we do will call a couple times a day.

Guys, thanks for your replies to my stuff. I haven’t been ignoring, just a few things going on in the real, non-boating/fishing world.
I’ll be caught up and to date with your requests for pix and other things.

Ever forward and Happy New Year!

Latest posts