12' Crestliner Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunkenbass

Reaction score
I got this boat from my neighbor and decided to re-build it and use it on the lakes by my house that are electrical motor only. I did put the batteries in the middle which was a mistake, and I moved to the rear. I framed it with a mix of 16 ga. metal studs (which I painted for corrosion protection) and uni-strut, marine-grade plywood sealed with a shower tile sealer, and glue down carpet tiles.

IMG_2641.JPEG
IMG_2302.JPEG
IMG_0482.JPEG
IMG_0078.JPEG
IMG_0491.JPEG
IMG_0494.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_2199.JPEG
    IMG_2199.JPEG
    969.9 KB · Views: 468
Nicely done.

How wide is it? That front seat looks tall (? 30in ?) for a 12ft craft; I'd expect it to be bit tippy

Have fun, be safe.

I worked on it for about 3 months but weekends and when I had time. It's a little tippy, but way better since I moved all the batteries in the back. In hindsight, I should have moved the pedestal back.

I understand, but be careful, please.

I'm old, so I've lost a lot of quick reflexes, and can't move as quickly as I once did.

My cautionary voice is saying:"Wear a PFD when on that perch."

Have fun, be safe.

Kismet said:
I understand, but be careful, please.

I'm old, so I've lost a lot of quick reflexes, and can't move as quickly as I once did.

My cautionary voice is saying:"Wear a PFD when on that perch."

Have fun, be safe.

I've got a 14' long wide hull and I'm carrying over my mantra from the canoe..."If I'm in the boat and it's on the water, my PFD is on...period."

Latest posts