Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, just joined the site this morning :) . I currently have two boats, one being an '08 Lowe 1652VT, and an '05 Tracker PT175. Looks like a great site :)

Attachments

• '08 Lowe Boat1.JPG
    '08 Lowe Boat1.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 12,981
  • Boat 10-05 002_edited.jpg
    Boat 10-05 002_edited.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 13,031
Heres my boat, its a Lowe Stinger 16W I down sized the motor to a 9.9 hp, cause the lake I fished all the time has a hp limit, now Im leary on takeing it on the Delaware river, I wish I would have Maxed it out! thats my bud rick snoopen around
100_0151.jpg

I guess I should have been alittle more clear, sorry my friend. The lake I fish at has a 9.9 Max limit. I think if I had a bigger engine Id give the Del. river a shot.

Thanks Mr. Waterwings, I was looken at Trackers but the Lowe had a little bit more to offer. :)

I finally snapped a current picture of the Gamefisher, as I was parking it in the garage for winter. So no, it is not a tin boat, but it is a budget boat. 1975 Sears Gamefisher 12 with a 1962 Johnson 10 hp. I bought the motor th is past spring, and it took me most of the summer to get it running right, so I only ended up using the motor once this year. I fish mostly electric only lakes anyway. The front seat is on a small deck that is positioned as low in the boat as possible. I have been using a transom-mount troller that I either put on the back in place of the Johnson, or clamp to the front. I recently picked up an old bow-mount troller that I am going to install before next spring.

Attachments

• gamefisher.jpg
    gamefisher.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 9,109
I know what you mean about crawling, two people in my boat 11-12 MPH
LOL. point a to point b=slow ride, take it easy, but I get there.

That's a nice setup! We don't see any boats around my immediate area with outriggers and kicker motors. Is the kicker motor a tiller-type, or does it turn in-sync with the big motor (even when the big one is not running)?

Waterwings said:
That's a nice setup! We don't see any boats around my immediate area with outriggers and kicker motors. Is the kicker motor a tiller-type, or does it turn in-sync with the big motor (even when the big one is not running)?

Thanks, The kicker is an older Honda 7.5hp 4-stroke which is a tiller motor but I bought a linkage connector from Cabelas (later saw the same thing at Gander Mountain for $7.00 less). I can connect the two motors and steer from the steering wheel or disconnect it and tiller steer. Still have to adjust the trottle at the motor though. I use my boat mostly for trolling for salmon now. I really want that board across the back to be raised like 24" or so. That would make it easier to grab the rod and rig them as well. Also it would be safer as it could act as a railing.

I really want that board across the back to be raised like 24" or so. That would make it easier to grab the rod and rig them as well. Also it would be safer as it could act as a railing

Have you thought about maybe finding some wide aluminum channel to replace the board and then have a taller strucure (24") made completely out of the channel (would require some mig/tig welding) and bolting it securely (removeable though) to the deck or gunwales? Just a thought :)

Waterwings said:
Have you thought about maybe finding some wide aluminum channel to replace the board and then have a taller strucure (24") made completely out of the channel (would require some mig/tig welding) and bolting it securely (removeable though) to the deck or gunwales? Just a thought :)

Thought about finding? yes. Thought about buying? No. That piece of lumber in the pictures is a 7'6" 2x6, and I would imagine buying a piece of aluminum that size plus pieces to raise it would be expensive. I would also need to hire someone to do the welding. I was an electrician in the Navy and the only welding I've ever done was when trying to pull live 120VAC fuses with a pair of slip-joint pliers. :oops: Not sure if I would consider keeping the piece of cedar and just adding some 24" end supports.

Latest posts