Trailer recall

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone on Tin Boats received a recall on their White River Marine Group trailer? The wheel bearings, they say dealers will inspect and tighten the hubs as is necessary. I was thinking I could do the same and not need to make the hour plus trip. Mine is a single axile Tracker from Bass Pro Shops. Taking it back to Bass Pro for the correction is going to be difficult for me. They say to take the boat off and use back roads, next to impossible for me. I do not know how to take the boat off the trailer except at the launch ramp and I would never leave my boat for the 3 plus hours minimum. Any suggestions would be a help.

before i let kids at the dealer futz with my trailer, i would replace the wheel bearings and pack, properly tighten, myself. raise hell at bass pro and make em give you a gift card for your trouble.
tell em your trailer swerved off the road, made you lose control, and if you arent compensated within 72 hrs, your neck is gonna start to hurt........bad!

Wow, this is a real problem. Sorry it is happening to you. They want you to take the boat off take back roads -- crazy! If it is literally that big a hazard, would they entertain having the work done by a local shop?

Do you have a floor jack that you can lift one side at a time to check for play in the wheel? I had to tighten the hub nut on my trailer last year. I was moving the empty trailer in the garage and I thought I saw the wheel/tire wobble so I jacked it up and it was loose. I pulled the hub off and put new seals in and regreased everything and put a new hub nut and washer on with new cotter pin. It's not a hard job but gets messy with clearing out the old grease and putting in the new. They will probably just pull the cotter pin and tighten the nut. Mine was probably loose like that for 5 or 6 years but I only tow about 10 minutes and less than 50 mph so nothing bad happened. A longer drive at 60+ could lead to problems.

JL8Jeff said:
Do you have a floor jack that you can lift one side at a time to check for play in the wheel? I had to tighten the hub nut on my trailer last year. I was moving the empty trailer in the garage and I thought I saw the wheel/tire wobble so I jacked it up and it was loose. I pulled the hub off and put new seals in and regreased everything and put a new hub nut and washer on with new cotter pin. It's not a hard job but gets messy with clearing out the old grease and putting in the new. They will probably just pull the cotter pin and tighten the nut. Mine was probably loose like that for 5 or 6 years but I only tow about 10 minutes and less than 50 mph so nothing bad happened. A longer drive at 60+ could lead to problems.
This is exactly what I have decided to do, I have re-packed wheel bearings for years. My trailering is exactly like yours 30MPH for about 12 minutes. The tires are not wearing in any abnormal way and the tracks at the ramp are straight and wobble free. Thanks for your opinions.

All they will do is have some high school kid pull the cotter pin and adjust the nut. It may be too tight, or too loose. You can do a better job yourself.

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk

Latest posts