Easiest to crank boat winch

Trailer related issues and discussion goes here.
sonny.barile

Post by sonny.barile »

They sure are pretty when new……….

Fallon makes good products. I bought the F2 trailer Jack last year. Built like a tank…..
There are far too many fish I haven’t met yet.

My Duranautic 16 Side Console
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41658
My Duranautic 13 (sold)
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37700
DN13 on the run (video)
https://vid1346.photobucket.com/albums/ ... 3ciqmm.mp4

FuzzyGrub

Post by FuzzyGrub »

=D> =D> =D> Sounds like it is just what you needed. :)
Project: 1995 1648 DMI/1998 25HP Merc:
1967 Starcraft 14' Mariner V/1987 Nissan 40C
1997 Bayliner Capri 2050/350 4brl Vortec Mercruiser
JohnS https://www.joefishin.com/

airshot

Post by airshot »

Update on my replacement winch, I finally had a coyple chances to splash my boat and try out the new two speed winch. Works great is all I can say, the winch itself is easier to crank with the 5 to one ratio and longer 10" handle, the larger diameter drum also gives a mechanical advantage. When the winching became hard near the end, moving a simple lever to engage the 12 to one ratio was really easy !!! I thought all the extra cranking with that ratio would not be an advantage but it really was......it was so easy to spin the handle I could have done it with my finger !!! There was no pressure on my bad shoulder and it was very easy to use my left arm to finnish the loading. Nicely built winch, very smooth operation, easy to lube andvreally easy to crank. The 12 to 1 ratio didnt seem that slow actually, but only used it for the last two feet or less. It certainly made things easier for this old man......

LDUBS

Post by LDUBS »

I'm glad to see another success story on TB. We will all potentially benefit for knowing about that two speed winch.
Have Rod - Will Fish

sonny.barile

Post by sonny.barile »

I’m a guy with 2 bad shoulders…..that’s on my list now…..as of now a strategically placed roller helps bit as my issues progress (they do with age) I will be going this route………
There are far too many fish I haven’t met yet.

My Duranautic 16 Side Console
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41658
My Duranautic 13 (sold)
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37700
DN13 on the run (video)
https://vid1346.photobucket.com/albums/ ... 3ciqmm.mp4

airshot

Post by airshot »

sonny.barile wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 22:15 I’m a guy with 2 bad shoulders…..that’s on my list now…..as of now a strategically placed roller helps bit as my issues progress (they do with age) I will be going this route………
I hear ya, dragged my feet for a while ....it may take a little longer to crank your boat up, but it takes almost no effort !!! The pressure of hard cranking is what caused most of my discomfort, the moving in a big circle doesnt seem to bother it much. After boating season is done, I will go in for surgery and hopefully be back in business by next april to begin a new season...