Rookie's first project- 1648 jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice Scott- and the heads up on this forum. I did scrap all the old wire and found tinned wire at Fleet Farm for much cheaper than anywhere else, they also have the connectors with the heat shrink.

Yeah I know my dog collars charge lasts quite some time, just hypothetical- sometimes things seem to happen at the worse time.

I am just about ready to paint, just a bit more prepping and should be painting tomorrow. I have not decided 100% yet on the console, once I get the decking attached I want to see how it feels for room.

I would like to get (or more likely build) a blind, but it will probably be a winter project. Definitely will keep the dog's reentry in mind.

Here is my progress as of today. Everything has been stripped out/off/down. The stickers are off, wiring is gone, and the aluminum is etched and ready to paint. A friend is going to spray it for me while I am out of town, it should be ready when I get back and I can start reassembling everything.

Hopefully it goes well and I can use it for the late duck season.

Ready for paint.JPG
Deck2 before paint.JPG
Deck before paint.JPG
Bow before paint.JPG

I left the carpet on for now, figure it will be an off season project to remove it. I am a bit concerned about weight distribution- I plan on using the right live well box as a battery area (one battery). The left livewell is useable as is (the right did not have aerator hooked up). The console (and hence my 250#) is on the right. I guess I will see how it goes and change if need be.

Looking good! Kind of reminds me of the layout of an old 'glass Hustler boat I had.

ST

Looks great.
Once it's painted,it's going to look factory.
Looks kinda cool aluminum color.

I was out of town for a couple of weeks but made some progress the last week. I still plan on ripping out the rest of the carpet during winter but I wanted to use the boat this season yet.

Some of what I learned as far as wiring:

1. Not as difficult as I made it out to be;
2. Using a fuse with too high of an amp rating will not work (assuming too much resistance?);
3. I should not, will not, and cannot ever be an electrician.

Everything seems to work. I hope to get it on water later this week and start noting what I will change during the off season.

Thanks for everyone's help.

DSCF0051.JPG
DSCF0044.JPG
DSCF0047.JPG
DSCF0049.JPG

Although it is very bad to use a fuse with a higher rating then what it is suppose to have,I'm not sure why it wouldn't have worked.
Just think of a fuse as a peice of wire,a small thin one at that.Not to much resistance,maybe the higher fuses were bad?

Keep up the good work,your boat is looking good.

Latest posts