2009 Tinboats.Net Roadtrip/Rally ---DALE HOLLOW---

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loggerhead Mike said:
then visit the Smokies for about 2 days or so

what part?

Well, no kids anymore (I mean they're grown up) so definatley not the Pigeon Forge adventure. Probaby drive through to Cades Cove, the Dome, and spend a little time in Gatlinburg (rather than Pigeon Forge) BUT.... Haven't been down there in many years, so I'll have to check out what's happening? Maybe a music show or something would be fun. Long time ago, walked throught the Cop museum (the one with Buford Pusser's car and stuff) I think I've outgrown that now that I'm retired after 30 years on the job - but, like I said, a music show might be nice - NO Dollywood for us!!!!! You got any suggestions for the area??????

FishingCop said:
Well, no kids anymore (I mean they're grown up) so definatley not the Pigeon Forge adventure. Probaby drive through to Cades Cove, the Dome, and spend a little time in Gatlinburg (rather than Pigeon Forge) BUT.... Haven't been down there in many years, so I'll have to check out what's happening? Maybe a music show or something would be fun. Long time ago, walked throught the Cop museum (the one with Buford Pusser's car and stuff) I think I've outgrown that now that I'm retired after 30 years on the job - but, like I said, a music show might be nice - NO Dollywood for us!!!!! You got any suggestions for the area??????

You cant go wrong with a trip to the Cades Cove... be sure and stop and eat at "The Carriage House" while you are over in Townsend. As for shows in Pigeon Forge...

The Comedy Barn is a must... well worth the price of admission. I laughed so hard it hurt.
https://www.comedybarn.com/default.php

The magic show isn't too bad either...
https://www.pigeonforgemagic.com/index.html

The Miracle Theater is good too.
https://www.miracletheater.com/

And there is always the Dixie Stampede.
https://www.dixiestampede.com/

If you get to board, call me and we'll hit Douglas or Cherokee Lake. :D

Good Luck and God Bless!

well that prettymuch sums it up :mrgreen:

We have a campin trip planned for cades cove in 3 weeks. beautifull place

if you venture over to cherokee nc, maybe a half hour ride, you must go see the play "Onto these Hills" about the indians and settlers. its in a huge amplatheater and is very very good

Ok guys, I don't think i'm gonna be able to wait a year for this. Who's up for a spring gtg? :D :lol:

G3_Guy said:
Unless something changes, I'll be there January 1st. \:D/

:shock: I'm jealous....

smiley-tongue-out.gif

I would like to say I am in. If I come, I will have a boat with me. I don't know if my dad would be interested in coming on this sort of thing or not, so we would have to wait until a closer time, to see if he would be coming, or if I am free to venture this far alone.

It will depend on funds, but if there is someone else from the North Georgia, or Atlanta area who would want to ride up and back with me, and isn't planning on towing a boat (anyone is more than welcome to backseat in mine) and could help with gas costs, that would help a lot. Those cabins sound fairly realistic price wise as well.

Put me on the tentative list. Definitely going to try to go.

Back from my trip to Tennessee and to visit Dale Hollow. My apologies to the local members whom I mentioned I'd contact to see if they wanted to tag along - but, my plans changed and I ended up with a car full of in-laws with me on my day to Dale Hollow. I did talk with BassNBob on our way and he wisely declined to follow along and meet us there. None of the three resorts that we visited are nearly as nice looking as the web sites portray them to be – I guess that is to be expected. The water level was very low and this also detracted from the “look” of the resorts. They all had usable launch ramps even with the low water. I had my wife and brother & sister-in-law with us so I wasn’t able to get to all the places I would have liked. I did make it to three of the most promising based on comparisons previously done from their respective web sites and brochures. Of course, with the two ladies along, I got a point of view from their prospective – not a bad thing. The weather was VERY cool and, if it is that cool next year, the campers will definately be roughing it :lol:

I wrote up a synopsis of our visits and sent it to Jim for his review and final decision ong location and date for our ASSAULT on DALE HOLLOW.

The trees were almost fully turned and the pictures don't do the colors justice:

Attachments

• #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 963
  • 010#4.jpg
    010#4.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 963
  • 002#2.jpg
    002#2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 963
  • Tennessee 002#2.jpg
    Tennessee 002#2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 963
  • Tennessee 003#2.jpg
    Tennessee 003#2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 963
  • Tennessee 004#2.jpg
    Tennessee 004#2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 963
Live in small town Breman Ky... Just retired worked as an Engineer for CSX Railroad for 40 yrs... Bass fished that long and longer...Own a Xpress tin boat 50 merc fish all the local lakes and occasionally go on roadtrips out of state.. also have a 10 foot pondhopper that i fish strip pits with .. bass fish on averave 4 to 6 days a week... hopin to get to know some u folks i'm kinda new to these new fangle puters and all.. :D

Latest posts