transom conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.I. Sherman

Reaction score
I'm looking to convert a 21' bass tracker deck boat from i/o to an outboard
how difficult would be to convert the transom? :?:

Post a pic of the back.Some are as simple as adding an outboard bracket.Others require strengthening and bracing.If I remember correctly, most higher HP outboards take 2.5 inch or thicker transom.

Welcome abaord - you have a 21' Tracker with an I/O?

Why do you want to convert it? What size outboard do you have and want to hang on that back?

It is a deck boat I'm thinking of buying and converting to a large bass boat. I plan on using a 200 hp or bigger outboard.

Attachments

• deck boat transom.jpg
    deck boat transom.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,086
the engine has been sold out of this rig as it is a salvage. interior is destroyed hull is in great shape. I have access to a 200 hp merc so Im
considering the conversion. plus I could use the space for storage, rear deck etc.

If I remember correctly, that boat comes with an outboard option as well. I don't know how Tracker does it, but some boats that have both options will have a hull and transom that is very similar for both motors, to cut down on production costs. If that is the case, you will need some modifying, but it shan't be too hard. Now, if it isn't you will have lots of designing and fabricating work to do, but it is still doable. Not cost effective, but nevertheless doable. I have seen this very same thing done a few times on other boat restoration boards, and it never is cost effective, and a whole bunch of people will say you can't do it.

Really, I don't think any of us on this board, with the possible exception of Kevin Morin, would be qualified to redesign that transom. And, he would need more pictures of the guts of the boat to figure that one out. Maybe an email to Tracker is in order, but I can almost guarantee they will not want to be involved in something like that.

Re-enforce the transom and use one of these. https://www.bigmouthboatsupply.com/3428960.html Don't for get to weld or fill the holes.

Latest posts