trolling motor mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ010

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get that Alumacraft Bow Mount trolling motor mount for foot controlled TMs? I saw it on a boat here, and the guy said he got it at the dealer, but I can't find one on any website.

It looks like I'm going to end up having to make one. I only have the 12' jon, and I don't really want to put a board across the front to mount to. I made my last mount out of a 2x6, but I can't do it with this one because there is no lip on the front of the boat for it to slide under like on my FishMaster jon.

Any ideas are welcome. Right now I'm thinking about using 1/8" steel since thats what I can weld... then again, I think I can make me one with aluminium angle, just have to keep attaching them with bolts to make it work

The front seat measures 13"

DSCF0274.jpg

DSCF0251.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0202.jpg

I don't see a factory accessory on the Alumacraft site. I'm in the same situation...I'd love to have one for my Lowe. War Eagle makes them as an add-on for their boats, but theirs are made for a mod-v.

Maybe you could find someone with a brake and could bend one for you?

Attachments

• tm mount.jpg
    tm mount.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,309
I just took my boat to the metal shop,found a piece of scrap aluminum(7*11,I think)got him to weld it on the gunnel with a turn down piece.Charged me 20 bucks total.sydney and project 274.jpg
Is that what you were thinking?

I ended up using a full 3/4" sheet of plywood across the top to mount the TM and fishfinder... and I now have a cubby hole to stick some extra stuff underneath. This is actually better than what I was looking for since I got the extra storage and platform space for the front seat.

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0328.jpg

DSCF0327.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

Latest posts