Bummed about winterizing the boat:-(

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ky.jonboatfisher

Reaction score
I'm pretty bummed about winterizing my boat. I am only going to be able to go out a couple more times. I wish it was spring again. :( i'm gona miss :fishing2:

i feel for you man.i dont think i have ever winterized a boat my wife says i am crazy i will fish like a post man, :shock: in rain sleet snow

Me and Broncoman were just talking about this, some people around here already have their boats bundled up for the winter. I guess once its too cold to actually get in the water the boat is done. Winterizing, I won't be doin' it. January just means there will be less people to be in the way on the lake. :wink:

I winterized mine yesterday. I was going to go fishing one last time on Thursday, but the wife came down with pneumonia on Tuesday so I figured taking off and going fishing while she was laid up (and can't talk due to laryngitis) prolly wasn’t a good thing. Got some shed winterizing to do and then it's prep for ice fishing time.

Is winter in KY that harsh (lakes freeze over)? I fish more in the fall/winter than the summer. No lake lice...and typically I can have the whole lake to myself and a maybe a few other fisherman. I usually wear so many layers it makes it difficult to cast, but its worth it. I use those hunting mittens that fold back and expose your fingers. Regular gloves are too much of a hassle.

Greg said:
Is winter in KY that harsh (lakes freeze over)? I fish more in the fall/winter than the summer. No lake lice...and typically I can have the whole lake to myself and a maybe a few other fisherman. I usually wear so many layers it makes it difficult to cast, but its worth it. I use those hunting mittens that fold back and expose your fingers. Regular gloves are too much of a hassle.

The small lakes I launch on normally don't freeze (maybe a very thin sheet of ice), but I elect not to boat in the winter due to the cold and having to bundle-up. I have fished from the bank in the cold months...............but not for long, lol.

My boat is all winterized and if I do any fishing from the bank, it will be on a warm winter day. I can't fish for crap with gloves on. #-o

I was just thinking about last winter I went over to the lake thinking I was gonna do some fishing and it was froze solid :shock: :oops: I couldn't wait for spring to get here.....

yeah i wish it would stay aroud 70 all winter. Actually i'm ok with cold through december but after christmas i'm done with the cold and i'm ready for warm weather again.

You guys are wimps!

Ice_fish_014.jpg

LOL...70,that is our summer tempeture,not much more.
You look pretty chilly in that picture,Capt.
Giving warming temps middle of the week here,around low 60's.Unless it's blowing really hard,I'm going.

Latest posts