Bummed about winterizing the boat:-(

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Ahab said:
You guys are wimps!

Ice_fish_014.jpg

Nah, it's just that if I happen to fall-in, I find it much easier to swim if I don't have a ton of clothes weighting me down, lol. :lol:

It's still in the 70's here. I took my Jeep to work this morning no top or doors and short sleeves. It was 50 and I am crazy but its only a 5-7 minute ride and it was very nice coming home this afternoon.

Waterwings said:
Captain Ahab said:
You guys are wimps!

Ice_fish_014.jpg

Nah, it's just that if I happen to fall-in, I find it much easier to swim if I don't have a ton of clothes weighting me down, lol. :lol:

Good thing I never fall in :---) :---) :---) :---) :---) :---) :---)

Captain Ahab said:
You guys are wimps!

Ice_fish_014.jpg

Wow!!! You guys are NUTS!!!! We were wade fishing last year in December without waders. In my 33 years, I have see JUST a flurry of snow here maybe 4 - 5 times. It's been way below normal here and the lowest I've seen it this year is around 48 degrees. We are close to the coast and get a warm sea breeze. It was low 70's and with a 20 knot North wind yesterday and we had jackets on fishing. A couple of duck hunters at the launch had shorts on.

LOL and keep warm.

Whoever is fishing with Capt. Ahab, Don't let him fall in!!!!

Whats winterizing?

Seriously, the only thing I do in the winter that I don't in the summer, is tilt my motor down when storing it each week, instead of leaving it on the transom saver. Although, numb hands are quite common as well. That is why I want a large CC with Tee top. Stay dry in rougher water, and can make a vinyl enclosure around 3 sides of the Tee top, with a door on the back, so I can troll windy weather, staying out of the wind except for pulling in fish, or tending lines.

you see, that's where running on electric-only lakes comes in handy. My version of winterizing is...umm..nothing really. just take the boat out of the water and there ya go.

Latest posts