Apple Ipad

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those things are going to change the publishing industry. In a couple years most college books will be in that format and the cost of "books" for students is going to drop like a stone. Newspapers, books, magazines will all be delivered in that format at a considerably lower cost.

Buy Apple stock NOW !!! :wink:

That thing rocks! I've never been much of an Apple fan until I bought a iPod Touch and I love the thing.

DocWatson said:
Those things are going to change the publishing industry. In a couple years most college books will be in that format and the cost of "books" for students is going to drop like a stone. Newspapers, books, magazines will all be delivered in that format at a considerably lower cost.

:LOL2: Save the trees!

Jim said:
DocWatson said:

:LOL2: Save the trees!
The computer already did that. Haven't you noticed the "paperless" world we live in today ??? :? :LOL2:

It's a great idea, but now apple will need to create some online apps like google documents for word processing, spreadsheets, and sharing. Then it will be the perfect machine for school, except speed typing. Maybe some voice recognition is in order.

As to entertainment, I'm mixed on the idea. It's good for entertainment, but it is just a big itouch. The draw to itouch/iphone is the size. Unless they add more to it, good luck selling kids with iphones on another thing to carry. Maybe put a hd tuner in it so it can be a tv/player as well and you could sell a ton to the under 24 crowd. And to limit to 32 or 64 gigs, come on - on a screen that size, good video will take 1.5-2gig per movie to store (without losing definition) - so 16 movies later and I need more storage? And I'd really like to see what the battery life will be on a machine with that size screen running streaming youtube over 3g? Can't imagine much more than 2.5 hours.

Gaming would be different-you can actually play a two player game with someone. So maybe there is some draw there.

But I still like the idea! I got really excited when I heard about it. Good thing about that brand - it just works. So people like my coworkers don't come to me for assistance :)

wasilvers said:
It's a great idea, but now apple will need to create some online apps like google documents for word processing, spreadsheets, and sharing. Then it will be the perfect machine for school, except speed typing. Maybe some voice recognition is in order.

As to entertainment, I'm mixed on the idea. It's good for entertainment, but it is just a big itouch. The draw to itouch/iphone is the size. Unless they add more to it, good luck selling kids with iphones on another thing to carry. Maybe put a hd tuner in it so it can be a tv/player as well and you could sell a ton to the under 24 crowd. And to limit to 32 or 64 gigs, come on - on a screen that size, good video will take 1.5-2gig per movie to store (without losing definition) - so 16 movies later and I need more storage? And I'd really like to see what the battery life will be on a machine with that size screen running streaming youtube over 3g? Can't imagine much more than 2.5 hours.

Gaming would be different-you can actually play a two player game with someone. So maybe there is some draw there.

But I still like the idea! I got really excited when I heard about it. Good thing about that brand - it just works. So people like my coworkers don't come to me for assistance :)

From here.....

> Apple iPad for games: It has 9.7 inch display that delivers the graphics much better when compared to 3.5 inches touch screen in smart phones like iPhone and iPod. For instance, the favorite games like PopCap’s Bejeweled 2 appear very much colorful and detailed in Apple iPad’s 10 inch display. So, the game lovers will prefer iPad instead of iPhone.

Apple iPad Application: Apple iPad supports almost 140, 000-plus downloadable applications, in which nearly 30, 000 games are included, which is equal to two other gaming gadgets. Apple iPad is not portable like PSP or DS devices still game lovers prefer Apple iPad because of its clarity and huge resolution.

Apple iPad battery life: Apple iPad will have 10 hours battery life.

Apple iPad costs: Apple has announced the cost on Wednesday that it ranges in between $ 499 and $ 830, which is pretty lower than the expected cost as the analysts, expected that it may cost $800 to $ 1000. So, the brokerage analysts were very much pleasantly surprised and excited by the announcement of the cost of Apple iPad. However, the costs depend on the models and their memories. Apple iPad with Wi-Fi alone costs $ 49 that comes with 16 GB model and 32GB model costs $ 599 and 64 GB model costs 699 dollars and so on.

Apple iPad release: Steve Jobs announced that the device will ship in 60 days that means the releasing date might be in the end of March or beginning of April.

I just found out I won one through a contest at work. :D I'll post my review once I get it, (which may be a while since they aren't even available yet.) The key is the speed of access and convenience of it. I think it will replace many home computers....expecially for the user that just browses the web and sends email or pictures. I can easily sit on the couch and see whatever I need to see with ease in a small lightweight portable footprint. I'm hoping they have some connector ports on it so I can use it for presentations on an projector or plug it directly into my home theater to play movies etc.

wasilvers said:

If you view the demo on Apples website they have a bunch of apps already done for it that cover spreadsheets,word processing,etc.

Well I finally received my IPAD and while I was skeptical.... I do have to say this thing is amazing. Just hit the on/off button and you are instantly online. Touch keyboard works surpringly well. Graphics are awesome. This thing actually has better resolution than my 17" monitor. It's great with web pages like craigslist because of the zoom feature. You can zoom in on the pics really well. Battery life is also great...about 6-7 hours. Downloaded an HD racing game that is amazing. You actually use the accellerometor to stear. So you physically hold the IPAD like a stearing wheel and steer by twisting it. The only downside to it I see is that you still need a PC to upload pictures,etc. and there are no USB connections for things like memory sticks, printers, etc.

Sweet man, my wife's employer just got one..... they like it but it will definately NOT replace the modern PC or MAC. My wife is a graphics designer and an IPAD is in no way usefull to her. Although we wish we had one for home use.

I really wanted the new iPad, and I was on the list for the 3G version. But after I played with the first release I didn't like it. I really needed a business machine, and with no USB port and no Java for our website. Lack of a real keyboard got me as well, although I could have lived with the touch pad I think.

In the end I bought a new Dell XT2 (Latitude I think), it also has touch screen and all that; with Win7 it has been the best portable machine I have ever used, and I have used a lot of them. I have broadband card for internet access (4G :mrgreen: ) through Verizon, a DVD/CD player and five ways to user interface! (touch, keyboard, stylus, fingerpad and joystick). I got it for $920 through Dell Outlet, refurbished.

I think the iPad is better for leisure stuff, jsut cruising the net, watching movies (10 hour battery life!), music and stuff like that. But for the serious business type user, it didn't fit my needs. But I wish Apple all the best, Steve Jobs is one of my all time heros!

This is definitely not a business machine in any way. It is definitely the at home assitant. I could also see uses for it in education to replace text books and tests, etc. Suprisingly enough, I think some games might like it as well. Sure beats a DS in my mind...and the game cost less. If I didn't get it for free however, I would probably have chosen a small netbook over the IPAD for business purposes.

Tried one for the first time the other day...........used an app to help search craigslist..........it was very handy...........I am not going to go buy one for myself though.

Work gave me a 64GB AT&T one to use. It is by my side 24x7. If I ever quit my job I will buy one for sure. This little device has made my life so convenient. It keeps the kids busy on long rides, Instant internet access anywhere, I can go on and on.

Does it replace the PC........not yet, it still needs refining in my opinion.

Latest posts