New National Classic

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebcbob

Reaction score
On another thread there has been discussion about a "Tinboat Classic" , Two basic challenges have surfaced. Bigger tinboats with gas motors verses smaller boats with trolling motors only. The two classes of boats cannot compete fairly in one tournament. Maybe there is enough interest in both classes to generate two tournaments. For the sake of discussion, let me start......
I prefer a small boat , electric trolling motor only tournament. It is cheap, it is extremely fun, it is a very level playing field, more attention is payed to fishing as opposed to runnin' and gunnin'. It is very unique in the realm of tournament bass fishing. And there is not a big/national platform for it.
On the other hand, bigger boats with gas motors are rather typical in competitive tournament fishing. I see them compete regularly. On a smaller lake, a Ranger running 10 miles at 60 mph. to a honey hole only gains 6 minutes on the bigger tinboat that travels at 30 mph (and alot of tin boats can go faster than that). There are plenty of opportunities for the bigger tin boats with gas motors to compete.
Like I've said in a previous post, I've owned a Statos with a 150 Mariner and have fished the bigger circuits and opens, but I sold it because I rarely used it due to fishing the https://www.electric-bass.org and having much or fun fishing the smaller boat circuit. What does every other interested fisherperson think?

I fail to see how thats the debate. The question isn't whether gas and electric should/can compete against each other fairly, its about whether or not to rule out gas motors completely.

Like I've said, there should be two separate days, one for electric only boats, and one for those with gas outboards. There is no reason to start a tinboats tournament by keeping tinboat members from competing. This is not an electric only site.

Its really simple: electric competitors on Saturday, gas competitors on Sunday. Two completely separate divisions, allowing all tinboats guys to participate.

I'm fine with two separate tourneys if it can be done. What's to keep the bigger boats with gas motors from turning around on day two, electric only , tournament , disabling/removing gas motor and competing in electric only? Also, I think Tinboats has a better chance of getting sponsors for a more unique, small boat, electric only tournament because it is so different. Sponsors will look at the bigger boats with gas motors and say, "This is going on, all around the country already." The big circuits are already desparate for sponsors money/merchandise. And I do not see help coming to something so similar. On the other hand, small boat, electric only in a whole new demographic of fisherpersons to tap into. I'm a somewhat regular on a local radio show because the host really believes in what we are doing (low costs for entry, low cost for boat), anyone that wants to fish competively can! D'arcy Egan (outdoor writer and tv host) is in the process of composing an article on electric only circuits. I say lets get it going and Tinboats be at the forefront of a new venue for competitive bass fishing.

Whats to stop the gas guys? How about a rule? :shock:

Personally, I think worrying about sponsorships and radio coverage is pretty pointless, when none of these tournaments have even been run before. Seems like we (tinboats, not EBC) should be focused on actually getting tournaments running before we worry about anything else.

I'd like to again, reiterate the fact that this is not an electric only site. Personally, I think you guys should be working on a more widespread EBC tourney. You obviously have your ducks in a row, and know exactly what needs to be done.

Just a side note, for increased popularity, I think you EBC guys jumped on board looking for exposure of your own. Not to say you're not welcome here, because I think its great you guys are on board and willing to help us out. I just don't think someone with 10 posts and no previous engagement should be showing up and saying there is only one way to run this thing.

I was thinking about that actually. Seems fair, but to keep it safe, I'd rather see two distinct days. I'm not going to think twice leaving some other the smaller guys to eat my wake :lol:

Aint no problem with wakes here, I kind of like 'em :D

I will bring my gas motor so I can fish both days =D>

You guys are all killing me. I could barely organize a Dale Hollow Get together, never mind a national jon boat tournament circuit. I asked EBC if they would like a forum here because I liked the way they run their club and maybe it could bring a little more exposure to them and more importantly having run their circuit for a few years I feel as though they can help someone who wants to start a club who(like me) has no idea how to run a local club.

We are getting way ahead of ourselves here guys.

I think the success of any nationwide tournament is going to be electing/appointing representatives from each state, and let them do the organizing. We're taking too many years off your life as it is, Jim. :lol:

I have started or been a part of starting 5 clubs over the years and the number one member killer is a whole bunch of rules. Had to start a new club this year because my old club had got to where they had 2 pages of rules :roll: . They got to arguing about somebody fishing somebody else's spot and came up with a stupid rule about that!!!!!!
Rules are made because somebody is mad because the other guys boat is too fast, goes too far, catches more fish, works harder finding fish, and so on.

Lets go to Dale Hollow and fish :D (where is Dale Hollow by the way?)

dyeguy1212 said:
Whats to stop the gas guys? How about a rule? :shock:

Personally, I think worrying about sponsorships and radio coverage is pretty pointless, when none of these tournaments have even been run before. Seems like we (tinboats, not EBC) should be focused on actually getting tournaments running before we worry about anything else.

I'd like to again, reiterate the fact that this is not an electric only site. Personally, I think you guys should be working on a more widespread EBC tourney. You obviously have your ducks in a row, and know exactly what needs to be done.

Just a side note, for increased popularity, I think you EBC guys jumped on board looking for exposure of your own. Not to say you're not welcome here, because I think its great you guys are on board and willing to help us out. I just don't think someone with 10 posts and no previous engagement should be showing up and saying there is only one way to run this thing.
Hey Dyeguy, we of the EBC are not looking for exposure, we are almost at our max. because all the directors fish also. As far as the ten post comment....what comes along with the ten posts is running a successful circuit for 9 years, dealing face to face with hundreds of angler, handling desputes equitably, and over all having a really good time organizing and fishing tournaments. We are not trying to tell anyone how to run Tinboat tournaments, we would just like to share our success with electric only fisherpersons. Dyeguy, go ahead and do your own thing, get a bigger boat with motor tournament going. We of the EBC mindset don't care and hope you succeed. With your 1100 posts how many touraments have you got going?

Ok, let's move on. I do not want any members, readers, or potential members to come here and see a pissing contest back and forth. Everyone stated their opinion and it is done now. I'm serious. :D

Take it up via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts