Close to free copy of windows excel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Haha I couldn't resist 8) . A buddy of mine bought this, and its a heck of a deal!

The note taking program is really cool, even if you arent a student. Great alternative to paint if you aren't CAD-inclined.
https://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-us/default.aspx

It is the 2007 versions, but its all the same if you ask me.. all they do is move shortcuts around so you have to relearn it every couple years... :roll:

You do have to be a student to be eligible.. or at least know one with an active email.

THANKS!!

On the same link is a great deal on Windows 7 Pro. It's $65 but thats nothing compared to the $265 that Amazon wants for it.

TIP: I graduated College 10 years ago. I called the college helpdesk and they reactivated my old email address so I was able to get the student discounts.

it's times like this I love the military... I can get full versions for $10... but I can get the same versions from the IT guys there for free - and I can put it on as many comps as I want since there is no key needed :lol:

russ010 said:
it's times like this I love the military... I can get full versions for $10... but I can get the same versions from the IT guys there for free - and I can put it on as many comps as I want since there is no key needed :lol:

:USA1:

:lol:

russ010 said:
I'm not real sure those are "listed" government perks. :wink: But I have a similar deal with a friend who works at Lockheed Martin on the Navy's Aegis project.

With all the umployed people these days, I'm surprised I haven't heard of companies selling some of their excess licenses. Seems like a way to recoup some of the costs - if you purchased 1000 licenses, and now only employ 600 now, 400 are not being used...

wasilvers said:
With all the umployed people these days, I'm surprised I haven't heard of companies selling some of their excess licenses. Seems like a way to recoup some of the costs - if you purchased 1000 licenses, and now only employ 600 now, 400 are not being used...
And they will issue a new version that is a MUST upgrade or a new OS that requires a newer version of that software within months. #-o Planned obsolescence. :evil:

Enrolled college students can get great deals from Microsoft as well.

https://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-us/default.aspx

Depending on what college you attend, some schools give their students a free copy of MS Office software that is theirs to keep. My daughter was given Office 2007 when she entered Drexel University and then when Office 2010 came out in 2009, the same year she graduated, she was given a free copy of that to use for her last 3 months of school.

Of course, given what we paid for tuition there, they should give you a new laptop with all the latest software installed every year and a new car when you graduate !!!! :shock: :shock: