Minnesota Bow Fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone on here ever bow fish up in MN. I live in central MN and we bowfish a couple lakes connected to the Mississippi river and the river itself and have just been slaughtering them lately. Filling between 1 and 2 55 gal drums a night with the average fish weighing 20 lbs. not the best picture but here was sat night. if anyone shoots up here looking to share some spots

Attachments

• HPIM0432.JPG
    HPIM0432.JPG
    644.2 KB · Views: 2,861
My buddy just got me into this last weekend (a great fallback for when we couldn't catch any walleye)!

I heard from a friend that they are KILLING them on Typo Lake over near Stacy MN... It's part of the Sunrise River system. It's a small lake that only gets to about 7 ft deep. He was out by himself a few days ago and filled up a 55 gallon drum in just a few hours.

We hit quite a few on Martin Lake (also over in that area: it's the next lake down on the Sunrise River).

heard of it never been out there though we only shot eight tonight. 3 over 30lbs though no pictures tonight. you guys shoot at night or day?

I've only been out during the day... I would kind of like to give it a shot at night though: I hear that's where the REAL action is.

it is for sure i see 3 x as many at night as in the day just as long as you gota goog light set up. We're still perfecting ours since minnesota just mad night shooting on all lakes legal this year but its a huge difference

Latest posts