MS Excel question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I have two excel files that have over 35,000 rows of data on each. I need to copy every 4th line to another file. Basically what I have are readings taken every 15 minutes and only need the ones taken at the top of the hour. Is there any way to do that without having to click on each line one by one, or do I need to get clickin’

(What’s that clickin’ noise? – Henry Cho)

Oh, BTW it's excel 2003

Got it. I know there were a few of you getting ready to provide the answer and I thank you for that. I hate Excel and my boss thinks because I can do a couple simple formulas, I am an Excel Guru.

https://www.mrexcel.com/

Bill offers a tip of the day for free. Good tips too. I took his advanced class once, but me and the guy I went with were the only ones who already used everything he was talking about. (shameless brag i know)

Glad you figured it out.

If anyone needs help with anythig Excel in the future, you can go to Eileen's Lounge and post your question in the Excel forum. There are some of the sharpest Excel minds on the internet that volunteer there. Good stuff and good people.

DocWatson said:
If anyone needs help with anythig Excel in the future, you can go to Eileen's Lounge and post your question in the Excel forum. There are some of the sharpest Excel minds on the internet that volunteer there. Good stuff and good people.

Thank you for that link. That will help me in the future. That forum covers a lot more than Excel. It is saved on my bookmarks. Thanks.

Latest posts