I HAVE ALL THE FUN.....You win the prize contest! WINNER!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
CONGRATS to CAVEMAN Details in my last post on page 2!

Hey Fellow Tin Boaters.

Here's the deal. I think it's time for me to Pay it Forward...SOOOO, I'm heading out early Saturday morning with a buddy for a 3 day fishing trip. I've decided to have a contest to see who can guess the weight of the biggest fish that I will catch. The winner will receive a brand new, never used or opened Rod Saver that I bought from Bass Pro and don't need. I'll cover shipping.

Here's how this will work:

1. You have to be an active member in good standing with at least 8 posts in the last month. (30 days) Moderators and Jim are free to enter.
2. You guess a weight and length in inches (one entry per member) of the biggest fish that I am going to catch over the 3 days that I'm gone. In the event of a tie, and only if there is a tie with the weight, I will revert to the length of the fish as a tie breaker. (YOU NEED TO ENTER WITH A WEIGHT AND LENGTH)
3. I have a digital scale in the boat (hope it works all weekend) that will be used to weigh each "bigger" fish and a fish ruler for length. I will try to take pictures of both for proof. However, if something technical fails, (camera, scale) you will have to take my word on it.
4. You may ask as many questions as you want to help pick your "weight/length guess" until I go to bed tomorrow (Friday) night. I will answer as many as time allows and everyone will have the same information to make their "guess".
5. Entries will be accepted up to the time that I get a chance (may be as early as Monday night, could be Tuesday sometime) to post results and hopefully, pictures. No late entries.
6. Rules subject to change at my discretion for whatever reason.

Here is the info that I think is important to help you make an educated guess.

I will be fishing with a buddy (his fish don't count).

We will be fishing out of my boat and on the water with sunrise each day. Might stay out all day and might take a break during the day to come back out for the evening. We aren't making any plans until we see how we are doing.

We will be fishing in 3 or 4 different lakes in the North East part of Missouri near Mark Twain lake. We will be fishing for BASS, CRAPPIE, BLUEGILL primarily. These are the ONLY fish that will count towards the contest. All subspecies of each are inclusive. Meaning, Largemouth, smallmouth, striped bass all considered the same. Same for bluegill and sunfish. THE TRICKY PART IS...IF I DON'T CATCH A BIG BASS, THE BIGGEST FISH COULD BE A BLUEGILL OR CRAPPIE. LOTS OF VARIABLES HERE.

I HOPE I CATCH A REALLY BIG PERSONAL BEST BASS! :LOL2:

I have not fished any of these waters before in my life and don't know what to expect other than what he's told me. I do expect to catch fish!

Lake sizes range from around 120 to 260 acres.

Temps are supposed to be great. Cool mornings and evenings, low 70s during the day.

I will be throwing cranks, worms, top-waters, spinners, and you name it.

We might try live bait (minnow/crickets) if nothing else works and because I'd really like a fish fry and I've released EVERY fish I've caught all year so far.

The biggest bass I've ever caught was right around 3.5 lbs and that was earlier this year.

Any other questions....let's have 'em. Good luck, and let the guessing begin! :?: :lol: :?:

Attachments

• rodsaver.jpg
    rodsaver.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 3,749
Brine: That's a great link. Now how do you expect me to get any work done today with all that reading to do. :wink:

REMINDER NOTE: "For those that only guessed with a weight." Unless you think you have this wrapped up by just guessing a weight....you might want to add a fish length too??? Just a thought.

I love the confidence you all have in me. I'm hoping you all are right, and also guessing a bit underweight. But....only time will tell. (I do see that at least one person edited his post by adding a length)

Dang I'm havin' fun! :LOL2:

I hope you catch the pig man.... 7lbs 3oz, 24" long (and I may not even have enough posts to play which is fine - I'm just trying to give you that extra edge to get the biggun). Stay confident and be aggressive...

Here's something to look for. I have no idea where you're going to be, but the water here is starting to turn cooler, with a lot of lakes beginning to turn over. If you are fishing shallow towards the bank and catch small ones, turn around and start fishing parallel and back out into open water. We saw guys killing them on deeper water, but they were catching dinks - we turned back to the banks and found the bigguns..

You get a gold star for thinking of this... very cool!

What excitement having some new water to fish, especially this time of year. You have a VERY good chance of upping your PB.

Works being crazy today so I'll have to circle back around later today and give my guess.

Good luck man!

my guess is going on the low side I hope I don't win because that would nean you had a tough 3 days.. please feel free to make me a loser
2lbs 2oz and 14" good luck and enjoy your trip

You guys must be feeling pretty good about your guesses. I haven't had a single question yet. :wink:

Well, here's some more info that might help, or might just be for fun. You decide and feel free to change your guesses if you wish (by editing your post). Remember...ALL guessing will be closed when I post result upon my return.

I may also, if I have access to the web, add some progress reports each night. NO, I won't give away any fish weights or lengths. But I might tell you how many fish were caught :?: :?: :?:

Anyone having fun yet :?: I know I am :!:

By the way, I do have a bet going with my fishing partner too. First fish, Largest fish, Most fish. I could stand to win a WHOPPING $3.00. :shock:

Missouri's Records:

Largemouth: Weight: 13.14 Caught: 4/21/1961
Smallmouth: Weight: 7.2 Caught: 12/18/1994
Crappie (Black): Weight: 4.8
Bluegill Sunfish: Weight 3.0

If you want to know the records for bass in your state...here's one source: https://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/bigBass/featureIndex?page=bb_state_records_archive

I'll go small,

07-25-08_1825.jpg

Rather be catching than fishing :)

Actually how about some pics of football smallies with the girth the same as length?

Jamie

So...what's your guess Ranchero? Need weight and length to win. :wink:

Heading to bed now. Good luck to everyone...including and especially me! Getting up in 6 hours and very excited!

Well, after your 'skunk' thread I'll go 6" since the next closest guess is 14". For weight, how about a Popeye's three piece chicken meal, your choice of white or dark meat :)

Have fun and aim to catch some dinks =D>

I caught my personal best smallie, a 20.5 in August on a F5 Rapala minnow floating topwater...

Jamie

Latest posts