Nook Color makes a pretty cool cheap Android Tablet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
For Christmas I bought my wife a Nook Color which she uses more for sitting on the couch and surfing the web and facebooking than reading books, as I expected she would. I've played with it a little and though I'd like to have one, but $249 has been a little out of my range. The other day I saw where if you buy it from the Barnes & Noble eBay store, there's a coupon to get $50 off. I had to bite. It showed up yesterday. For those that don't already know, the operating system is a crippled version of the Android OS... but that can be fixed. Within a couple hours of taking it out of the box I had rooted it and brought it back to full Android status using a tool called auto-nooter. It still functions as the intended e-book reader, but now has the Market app installed so you can download and install pretty much any available Droid app. Surfing on a 7" tablet is SO much better than my phone screen.

my fiance has it and loves it! so how do you do everything you just said? i have an android samsung galaxy S phone and have read up on the rooting and all. still weary about it.

how do you root a color nook and all?

dixie_boysles said:
my fiance has it and loves it! so how do you do everything you just said? i have an android samsung galaxy S phone and have read up on the rooting and all. still weary about it.

It was actually pretty easy... and a lot of faith that the geeks that build these root packages know what they're doing. ;-)

Check out this site. They have step by step instructions. https://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Rooting. This was the first time I've been brave enough to try to root anything. My phone does everything I want it too without rooting so have never tried.

Definitely need to look into doing this - my wife got a nook color for Christmas and doesn't use it much...I'd love to try to make it more useful...

dixie_boysles said:

I know this is really dated, but rooting isn't all that hard. The biggest step is deciding to do it or not. I rooted my Galaxy S and once that first step was done, I haven't looked back!

Latest posts