Trolling Motor Modifications - Comfortroll

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've pondered on getting one of these for my boat, although i'm not sure if I want to. The way my rod locker is made in the center, I think this would interfere with my rod storage. :-k

Bubba said:
I've pondered on getting one of these for my boat, although i'm not sure if I want to. The way my rod locker is made in the center, I think this would interfere with my rod storage. :-k

I never even though of that! Same here. I have a Eagle 165, same setup...rod locker in the middle.

The rod storage would definielty be impacted on the Eagle 165 and probably some on the HP 170 as well. The HPs are a little deeper so there is a little more space where the V meets the nose of the boat. The storage ocmpartments on each side, should be removable so take them out and look to see about space and any other potential probelms.

Jim,
I saw on "an other" boat site, some guys installing golf club tubes in their rod lockers to keep the tips from tangling. You could do something similar to keep your rod tips from hitting the pan. Not sure how many rods you stuff in your locker but it could work if you only kept a few in there.

flounderhead59 said:
Jim,
I saw on "an other" boat site, some guys installing golf club tubes in their rod lockers to keep the tips from tangling. You could do something similar to keep your rod tips from hitting the pan. Not sure how many rods you stuff in your locker but it could work if you only kept a few in there.

I carry 13 rods! My rod locker is small as is. When all of them are in there it's a tight fit. Hopefully the next boat has more room.

flounderhead59 said:
Jim,

Another alternative is to buy the Rod Socks from BPS for $3.99 each. Works great to eliminate rod locker tangles :)

The Comfortroll thingy wouldn't work in my boat either due to a small storage locker centerline on the bow. I don't usually keep my foot control in the middle anyway, and move it around a bit if fishing from left or right side. :)

flounderhead59 said:
Gee,

I don't even OWN 13 rods, let alone carry that many in my boat at one time. :lol:

Its one of those things stuck in the back of my head....If I leave it at home, I will kick myslef if I dont bring it.

Issues....i know! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: