Get the net!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DahFISH

Reaction score
Every time I say or hear that on my boat there is a mad scramble to find it, untangle it or just plain reach it. What have you guys done to keep your nets accessable but yet not in the way of casting or being stepped on?

I was recently thinking the same thing. I am looking to find a place to keep mine handy.

I have one that folds and is telescopic. Daily storage is not an issue, I would like to leave it open and extended while fishing and the darn thing is either always underfoot or not close enough.

I've actually heard of people placing it on the back of their boat with the net over the outboard. I haven't done it, but I usually don't have to worry about using the net that much anyways. :lol:

I am sure spiderman would have a great answer for this question :wink:

When my dad and I still had a boat I would typically prop it againts him because he slept most of the day in the boat and was my designated net man.

I think I found the solution.
63753364.jpg

I can place these on the side of my console and leave the net collapsed and snapped in. When needed I should be able to reach the net from the front or back.
Lar

I do agree, but this all came about when late this summer I had hooked what to this day I believe would have been my largest LM. Long story short I did get her to the boat and lipped her but she came unbuttoned in my hands and I never got to size her up. If the net was more handy that day I would have had a personal best no doubt.

ACarbone624 said:
Who needs a net, just lip em. :lol:

Sort of hard to lip a 20lb King salmon that has decided he doesn't want anything to do with you or your boat. I lay mine on the front casting deck when I'm salmon fishing, which is the only time I actually use a net

In my jon boat, I just have the handle resting on the seat I'm sitting on and the front of the net on the seat in front of me.

Latest posts