Go to lure

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas bass

Reaction score
What is your Go To Lure, and what do you never have luck with..

My go to is Texas rig or c-rig worm or creature.. My never catch one is frog..

Fished a tourney with my daughter this past weekend and all my go to lures are fired. VERY tough waters for me this weekend! Only weighed in 2 fish!

However...if I had to list a go to.....it really depends on the waters/bottoms.

rocky bottoms w/ fast dropping shorelines: jigs w/ trailers
small gravel w/ normal shorelines: square or medium dive cranks (colors depend on water color)
weedy bottoms with lots of growth: texas rigged plastics. Mostly power worms.

Natural plastic worm with three hooks is the "go to" for me.

I don't think I've ever caught anything on those "buzz baits" with the big blades that go across the top.

Go to lure in any water condition is a 7" black and blue YUM Dinger. I never catch fish on spinnerbaits. I just have no confidence in them. I've caught hundreds of bass on dingers and probably 4 or 5 on spinnerbaits.

:twisted: My go to lures....

crankbait- check
spinnerbait- check
lipless crank- check
buzzbait- check
jig- check

Attachments

• Cedarville003-4.jpg
    Cedarville003-4.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 2,710
  • co-op002-6.jpg
    co-op002-6.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 2,710
  • rainbow006.jpg
    rainbow006.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 2,710
  • davis_mill_2_137.jpg
    davis_mill_2_137.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,710
  • LakeAudrey002-3.jpg
    LakeAudrey002-3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,710
:twisted: More go to lures....

Frog- check
chatterbait- check
soft plastics- check

I think that just about covers it!!!!! :wink:

Attachments

• Cedarville1.jpg
    Cedarville1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,710
  • DavisMillPond009-1.jpg
    DavisMillPond009-1.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 2,710
  • MaryElmerLake009.jpg
    MaryElmerLake009.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 2,710
NICE pics... Looks like you have it all covered.. I am still fishing frogs , seeing if I am doing anuthing wrong..

fish devil said:
:twisted: More go to lures....

Frog- check
chatterbait- check
soft plastics- check

I think that just about covers it!!!!! :wink:

After last summer, I'm a big fan of that bait in the top right of the picture 8)

I'm. Pretty much good with almost every lures except the lasier lure I bought a couple of them and can't seem to even get bites but when I switch over to a strike king I seem to catch fish. Anyone ever use those lasier lures before?

Lovin' on jigs the past 2 or 3 years. Top water, cranks, soft plastics are good to me. Spinner baits suck. Have not caught anything on swimbaits either, although I haven't really tried.
:twisted: Fish Devil, how you fishing your chatter baits? :twisted:

bearsphan3.14 said:
:twisted: Fish Devil, how you fishing your chatter baits? :twisted:

:twisted: Medium to fast pace. Same areas as you would use spinnerbaits. Great for shallow grassy areas. COVER AS MUCH WATER AS POSSIBLE.

Bass= gotta have 1 rod with a 6" or 7.5" culprit original texas rigged with 1/4oz bullet
Crappie= 1/8oz BPS ball head spinner with 2.24" black/chartreuse tube injected full of nibbles
Bream= 1.5" brown/orange tube with 1/32oz inside tube jighead injected full of nibbles
Flounder= white bucktail with new penny Gulp shrimp
Speckled Trout= Zoom Superfluke white/silver flake
Redfish= 4.5" watermelon/red flake coffee tube with 1/4oz inside tube jighead tipped with shrimp or ladyfish chunk
Snook= Mirrodine suspending twitchbait chartreuse/black back

My go to is Texas rig or c-rig worm or creature.. My never catch one is frog..[/quote]

seriously dont feel bad i have never caught fish on frogs either, but i do own them i figure maybe one day! lol
my go to lure would have to be between a blue and black bitsy bug jig 1/16 or 1/8 oz depending on wind, or i will go shallow with a square bill crankbait!

MY GO WOULD BE AN ORIGINAL FLOATING RAPALA, EITHER JOINTED, OR NOT, IN BLACK AND GOLD OR SILVER AND GOLD, BUT I HAVE DONE WELL WITH THE ORANGE AND GOLD ALSO,

NEVER DONE REAL WELL WITH MANY CRANK BAITS BUT I DONT FISH THEM THAT OFTEN SO I GUESS ITS NOT A FAIR JUDGEMENT

Texas rig go to first.
Zara spook a close second especially early morning when water is calm.
Love walking the dog and getting smashed early in the am!!!

Go to lure for me is white or chartreuse spinner bait w/grub , follow up missed strikes with Texas rigged worm or grub.
Night fishing, 6 in. broken back jitterbug in coach dog colors.
Never had any luck with a frog....... even a live one.

My go to bait is a texas rigged beaver with a pegged tungsten worm weight, you can flip it, pitch it or punch it. My second choice would be a swim jig with a twister tail. My bad luck lure has been a chatterbait, used to catch fish on it but now its like they all hate it. Keep fishing them frogs guys, they work great around herein the weed mats.

We'll, my first go to bait would be a Texas rigged zoom baby brush hog, preferably watermelon seed or big Texan colors. But my real in desperate need to catch fish go to bait is a 4" red/black ring worm. I have won a bunch of tournaments I that bait alone when the fish would hit nothing else.

Latest posts