Let's see some pictures

If Bowfishing is not your cup of tea, DO NOT ENTER! This section is for questions and reports
jbd6c6

Let's see some pictures

Post by jbd6c6 »

Big fish, small fish, fat fish, tall fish...

AimLowRobin

Let's see some pictures

Post by AimLowRobin »

How about big, fat, and tall all in one? This is a gar we shot in TX a few years ago. 8'2" and 44.75" girth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zum

Let's see some pictures

Post by Zum »

Wow,thought that was photo shopped.
I googled alligator gar and they say they can grow to 12-24 feet in the wild.
24 feet I can't imagine.

dj722000

Let's see some pictures

Post by dj722000 »

OK, so compared to the big guy above, here is my little 31" Northern Pike I caught today. :LOL2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fish devil

Let's see some pictures

Post by fish devil »

AimLowRobin wrote:How about big, fat, and tall all in one? This is a gar we shot in TX a few years ago. 8'2" and 44.75" girth.
:twisted: SWEET!!!! Where was the kill shot??
ImageImageImageImage

AimLowRobin

Let's see some pictures

Post by AimLowRobin »

Zum wrote:Wow,thought that was photo shopped.
I googled alligator gar and they say they can grow to 12-24 feet in the wild.
24 feet I can't imagine.
Not sure where you found that but it's not accurate. Most factual bio fact sheets report them up to 12', and from experience I can tell you that one 9' would be a freak.

Our gar has went around the world as an online urban legend enough times that you can now find the facts behind it on snopes.com. Not photoshopped, lol.

dj722000

Let's see some pictures

Post by dj722000 »

Yeah I didnt see anywheres that they can achieve 24'. 12' is about it, but rare. Maybe a million years or so ago they achieved enormous size.

I also noticed on https://www.hoax-slayer.com/broken-bow-gar.shtml there is some controversy over this gar pictured. Glad you got it cleared up, that would smoke my temper for some idiot to take credit for something they didnt do let alone in an area were it wasnt caught! Good job and congrats.

jbd6c6

Let's see some pictures

Post by jbd6c6 »

Wow great work AimLowRobin! How many arrows to bring that beast in? Noticed your location is Missouri. Ever fished around Columbia? Some great creeks in the area. Can't wait to get back to the states to do some shooting in august, the fishermen in Kota marudu, Malaysia, have beaten me too anything worth pursuing.

AimLowRobin

Let's see some pictures

Post by AimLowRobin »

jbd6c6 wrote:Wow great work AimLowRobin! How many arrows to bring that beast in? Noticed your location is Missouri. Ever fished around Columbia? Some great creeks in the area. Can't wait to get back to the states to do some shooting in august, the fishermen in Kota marudu, Malaysia, have beaten me too anything worth pursuing.
My partner and I both shot it at exactly the same time and then we used one back up, so a total of 3 arrows were used. It took at least 20 minutes to get her in.

I have fished all over MO, but the closest to Columbia I have bowfished would be the area of the MO River where the Osage dumps in down to where the Gasconade dumps in.

AimLowRobin

Let's see some pictures

Post by AimLowRobin »

How about another decent fish? This time a TX buffalo.
Texas 04 Bowfishing 029.jpg

jbd6c6

Let's see some pictures

Post by jbd6c6 »

The bar has been set (very high) by AimLowRobin. I'll try and come up with something to compete by the end of summer.

Elvis

Let's see some pictures

Post by Elvis »

A few from S.C......
Lynches river Duck CreamatorZ

Team Muddcrappie Unlimited

Elvis

Let's see some pictures

Post by Elvis »

few more
Lynches river Duck CreamatorZ

Team Muddcrappie Unlimited

jbd6c6

Let's see some pictures

Post by jbd6c6 »

All I can say is I hope you have some bleach. Reminds me of something out of "The Jungle".

Whack em and stack em

slabdaddy

Let's see some pictures

Post by slabdaddy »

Good Stuff! Doing your part to keep bream, crappie, shell-cracker and other game-fish alive! 8) :beer: