Computer question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
When I start up my computer the screen is real big, next time i start it up its real small and it keeps doing this, any thoughts? is it a windows 7 thing?

Windows 7 doesn't have that issue as far as I'm aware. It sounds like something is up with your video graphics adapter. The symptoms you descibe are typical for when your computers video card is loading a driver, and if it's doing it constantly, it might be either bad drivers, or a damaged part. Either way it's something you ought to have a computer repair shop look at, just to be sure.

Thanks screaming, I hope not, its a brand new computer from dell, matter of fact the first computer they sent wouldnt boot up(bad hard drive) they wanted to send a repair man out but after consulting bcritch, decided that wasnt an option so they sent out a new computer. Any way of checking it without sending it to a shop?

Sounds like a corrupt driver. Drivers are what allow electronics to communicate with each other.

I recommend going to Dell's site click support and then Drivers and downloads.

There you will be able to enter the service tag (located on the back of your tower.) Once entered it will bring you to a screen of downloads check the graphics or VGA controller section and download the most recent driver.

Once downloaded find the .exe file in your download location and click it. Dell is great for having self extracting/installing drivers so it should take over from there. Once install is finished you will have to reboot the pc. Should take care of the problem, If not we can continue diagnostics.

Well. with my Dell, if i use the ctl key and scroll up or down, the screen size in the window changes

Latest posts