Great Book Recommendations

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikefromSliderG5

Reaction score
When I like to relax nothing beats a good book. Even if you are not an avid reader, put aside about 13 hours and pick up The Lone Survivor - The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of Seal Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell. Or grab it before your next vacation. An awesome read - you won't be disappointed!

Mike

One I have always enjoyed, is a novel titled "The Hatterask Incident"

If you've ever visited the Outer Banks of North Carolina, this is a must-read book!

It has all the elements of "The Perfect Storm" but in addition, there is also the story of a lone fisherman desperately trying to save his livelihood, with strange twists of events, and a rescue by the Coast Guard where a Commander makes the ultimate sacrifice, ordering his men below while he keeps the boat into the waves as two waterspouts bear down on them.

It was written in 1987, and only sold 4,000 copies. Although it is not a well-known novel, its storyline is as gripping as any best seller.

You'll probably have to find a used copy of this book on Amazon, again, only 4000 copies were ever printed. But once you pick it up, you probably won't be able to put it down.

It's such a compelling novel, I actually took it upon myself to put together a 10 minute visual representation of the events depicted in the novel. You can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4P0DXjYfmw

What's more, I sent a copy to the author of the book, and he registered it with the author's guild, and we've been in touch with some folks in Hollywood, hoping to see his novel on the big screen one day.

Might I be so bold as to recommend "Unintended Consequences", by John Ross. It's out of print now, but you can find used copies using a Google search. The only problem is that they're selling for better than $100 nowadays.

Roger

Yes, "Unintended Consequences" is an EXCELLENT book, a must read for Patriots.

Other books along those lines are:

"God, Guns, and Rock & Roll" by Ted Nugent.

(Portion of post removed by moderator due to political leanings of mentioned book).