Tethering?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Just picked up first Iphone, its the iphone 4

I'm looking into using it to hook up to xbox as a intranet connection, actually its my sons request to try and find out if it can be used to play xbox live, as most know already I live so far out that cable providers are not here.

so is there a way to do this, Im not intrested in breaking the phone either, but if thats the only way I'd like to know?

If anyone has info or had done it let me know
thanks

My wife has the iphone4. When I looked at it with ATT, to tether without paying the tethering fee, you had to be 'cracked'. Not sure what verizon's take on that is.

I have wifi/tethering, I googled around to xbox live it for my son and most everything said jailbreak it BUT it was all 2010 stuff, I did find one place but I'd have to wait to get home and try it, but it involves using your laptop supposley NO JB

again I have the net tethering/ wifi on the phone, The Iphone 4 comes with it

right, it's there, but you will get charged another $35? from AT&T if you use it. At least that's how I understand it.

The tethering option is there, but you would have to pay the 30+ per month to make it a wifi hotspot which would then allow the xbox to connect to it and get online.

sorry guys, its my fault that im not explaining it right, but I have went this far at this point, here is where im at.

I have wifi/tethering/hotspot on my iphone 4g, Im charged a month for it, so its there. I have used it for our laptop as net connection, its great, Im gonna use it for netflix as well, Im waiting for the cables to show up in the mail that I purchased for streaming it into our tv.

My problem is this, Xbox live, I can't hook up to it?, I will show you what I have tried, its here https://www.ehow.com/how_8456616_connect-360-through-usb-live.html

when I plug the iphone into my notebook after turning the stuff on in my phone, Im suppose to find the iPhone from the connections list, I cannot

My notebook does not show a Iphone connection in the network list, all is there is my normal two networks, the wifi and the regular plug in type, again there is suppose to be a new iphon network tab that shows up in the networking connections area and it does not

why is my notebook not picking up the iphone in networking, all it will do is ask to open up the iphone for pictures.

Would I have to have itunes on my notebook? will this allow the notebook to pick up a Ihpone usb networking connection?

What version of windows are you using??? I think you are looking for it in the wrong spot. Your phone would show up as a network device like a router. If you are using windows 7 it's pretty easy to find, If it's XP it'll have to look it up, It's been a while since i have used XP

jdbassin2003 said:
What version of windows are you using??? I think you are looking for it in the wrong spot. Your phone would show up as a network device like a router. If you are using windows 7 it's pretty easy to find, If it's XP it'll have to look it up, It's been a while since i have used XP

windows home edition XP

Okay, If you click start, then my computer, on the left hand side under other places you will see "My network Places" click that, on the my network places screen you will see network tasks on the left side of the screen, at the bottom is something like show uPnP devices. click that, it will run through a small set up routine probably, just click okays and next buttons till it completes. you will then be able to find all devices connected to the network in any manner.

Thanks JD, But my son already fixed it lol, I don't know how but he did, so Im proud of the boy anyway8)

Well if I have anymore issues I'll post'em

Oh and the xbox live is killer

That's awesome, My kid pointed out something on the computer to me the other day and I have an IT degree, D'oh. Glad ya got it working/

JD