Who builds rods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good crabtree =D>

Jim,

Are you considering having a custom made?

Yep, I agree.

Can you divluge what type of rod you are looking for?

Brine said:
Yep, I agree.

Can you divluge what type of rod you are looking for?

I'm looking for 2 5-6 footers for my kids. MH spinning for wacky rigging stick baits and plastics. Something small they can handle, but with enough backbone. They can use those for a few years until they outgrow them. Fairly decent components, custom wrap colors.

Then I need one for the members 8)

I would be interested in have a rod stripped/rebuilt if there is a board member that builds rods, and can do that.

My Uncle and his son build rods. If anybody is intersted pm me for is email. I have used his products and own some myself. His work is great! He can do custom inlays in the cork with anything from a fish, or any tribal symbols. Also he can do custom wraps too. Lots of colors to choose from. All of his rods are custom built for each customer. I promise you wont be dissapointed with his work.

I think I'm just going to start doing this myself....I won't actually have money to build the kinds of rods I want until I'm done with school, but I can start building tools (rod wrapping jig for example) and aquiring other tools.

I am going to start with rebuilding a rod I have. It's a Rogue rod, which are great rods. Loomis family.

Basically just replace the handle, and change all the wrapping colors.

LonLB said:
I think I'm just going to start doing this myself....I won't actually have money to build the kinds of rods I want until I'm done with school, but I can start building tools (rod wrapping jig for example) and aquiring other tools.

I am going to start with rebuilding a rod I have. It's a Rogue rod, which are great rods. Loomis family.

Basically just replace the handle, and change all the wrapping colors.

Document and picture the process I would like to see your progress.

Hi all, new member here.

I recently started building my own rods after receiving a custom for Christmas. Unfortunately, it is just another expensive hobby that is burning a hole in my wallet, along with my Tracker 1436.

I built my dad a 4'6" UL on a St. Croix blank for pan fishing with a nice green and gold diamond wrap. Since I am away at school, I don't have access to the rod to take a picture.

I also am working on one of two 6'6" MH casting rods that have a date with my wrapper. I will post some pictures when I get my most recent rod done.

we don't have blanks here in the philippines, but components are available to us. my first project was converting a 10 foot spinning surf rod to conventional. not the best idea, but it was out of necessity.

here's my first attempt at thread art. this was done by hand without a motorized jig.
pics in various stages of completion and different angles. i think i overdid it. :LOL2:
pics025.jpg

pics024.jpg

pics027.jpg

pics026.jpg

pics028.jpg

pics029.jpg

pics031.jpg

pics036.jpg

a few of our local afficionados fly in the best blanks and components from abroad, and their products are very nice (very expensive too). thankfully, my interest in rod building did not evolve into a ful blwon hobby, but the experience gained is very useful when replacing broken guides. maybe someday if i find the inspiration, i'd give rod building another go.

Latest posts