Electronic fish call?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want one, but think I will wait awhile. I think they will experiment & introduce new sounds that will even make it more worth it. Look at predator calls, they come out with just a couple sounds at first now have unlimited sounds for variety of situations.

It is a neat idea.

I guess the tinkerer in me wonders about dropping an inexpensive speaker overboard....and hooking an mp3 player on to it. I've got a couple of computer-sized speakers sitting around, as does everyone who has purchased a bunch of gear. Might have to hook up a rod to extend into the water to transfer the vibrations. Lots of ideas running in my head now....

One of my sons is a big birder. He is the president of a large state-wide birders group. Those guys carry around an IPOD that has many different bird sounds on it. They play it and the birds hear the sounds and come flying over.

We went out to find some owls one night. He played the right call and we were almost hit in head by a diving five or ten pound owl in the dark!

Now, what sounds work??? Lots of experimenting to be done. I'd think that ice fishermen would have a ball with a fish-caller.....

regards, R

I did a search on "sounds that attract fish" and came up with these lures. (below)

Hmmm ... lots to be studied here. Still think that an ice fishermen's holes would be the ideal test locations for a static sound generator device.

I wonder how much sound a set of stereo headphones would generate?? Probably not enough to call any fish for any serious distances, but you never know.

I wonder if the fish would like Benny Goodman or Hard Rock...?????

R

https://www.cagioutdoorproducts.com/usa/products.html

I seem to play Clutch and the fish come a running !!

Smallies love Metal!!

We placed one in our tank at bps and it seem to get the rockfish more wound up then the bass. I was cool though because there was no fish in the area and once we turned it on the rocks started schooling up in patterns by it.

MDFisherman57 said:
We placed one in our tank at bps and it seem to get the rockfish more wound up then the bass. I was cool though because there was no fish in the area and once we turned it on the rocks started schooling up in patterns by it.

To me, that says it works.
Fish still have to deal with competition with other species, and that probably explains why the bass just hung out, while the other fish were getting excited.

Latest posts