My own jon boat conversion...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdneckhntr

Reaction score
I was asked to post pics of my jonboat conversion so here it is. My dad bought me this boat 3 years ago and it had in the regular jon boat metal seats with green carpet. I took those out and put in three 8x1s for seats. A couple weeks ago I decided to completely redo the whole thing. I pulled everything out and built framing for the decks with aluminum studs and then decked it with 1/2 treated plywood.

Attachments

• boat finished 1.jpg
    boat finished 1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 5,319
  • boat finished 2.jpg
    boat finished 2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 5,325
  • !CID__media1.jpg
    !CID__media1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 5,323
I still plan on painting it olive and either building or buying a trailor for it. Ill try and find pics of what it looked like before I started changing things.

Attachments

• boat finished front open.jpg
    boat finished front open.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5,291
Very nice job :) I have thought of doing some thing like that to my boat. I don't have the tools or I am just not sure on what to do lol. For now I am very happy with what I got. Maybe some day I will get brave and do some thing like that.

Also how did you get that carpet to stick to the sides and on the floor were there isn't any wood?

fishfever

fishnfever said:
Also how did you get that carpet to stick to the sides and on the floor were there isn't any wood?

fishfever

Some kind of carpet glue... I let my dad do that part because he's been in the carpet business forever. Ill ask him tonight.

Latest posts