Paracord

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theyyounggun

Reaction score
Another one of my hobbies is wrapping/making things out of Paracord. I've made a few bucks from friends 8)

Attachments

• Paracord throwing knives.JPG
    Paracord throwing knives.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,929
  • Rifle Butt.JPG
    Rifle Butt.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,929
  • AR sling.JPG
    AR sling.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,929
  • Hunting knife.JPG
    Hunting knife.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,929
My LAB is 3 years and 70# and it can hold her back. I don't think I'd tie her up to a tree and throw a ball 2 feet out of reach though haha. But only because of the plastic buckle I used. Leashes should be easy. Just more expensive and more time consuming. It takes good bit of parachord to make them. Roughly 1foot per inch for cobra stitch or 3feet per inch for the king cobra, which is the same one I did.

Jim said:
Awesome!

Can you figure out how to make a dog leash?

Will those dog collars hold a crazy dog like a 75 pound boxer?

Boxers are not the "crazy ones", its the owners. LOL I'm on my 2nd boxer, didn't learn a thing from the first one. LOL They are great dogs tho.

Nice work with the paracord.

Jim said:
Awesome!

Can you figure out how to make a dog leash?

Will those dog collars hold a crazy dog like a 75 pound boxer?

Para cord is also known as "para cord 550"

The "550" being its breaking strength in pounds. With multiple strands woven or daisy chained together, you can pull a **** truck! This stuff is indispensable, I carry some in all my different gear, and if you daisy-chain it, you can carry a large amount in a small space.

Haven't had access to any para cord since I got discharged many years ago. Do you guys buy it local or do you have to order it online?

I buy mine local at GI Joes Military Surplus, just a couple miles from my work. But you CAN get it cheaper if can find a good shipping cost too or bulk in bulk. It's 5.99/50ft or 9.99/100ft for Rothco brand at GIJoes.

Heres a ok site for it just wait until they offer a shipping deal - https://knives.budk.com/search?form_state=searchForm&w=paracord

First attempt at para cord zipper pulls. The second one came out a little nicer and more uniform then the second one....which is expected I would guess. Now I am hooked. I need buckles, snaps, more colors. :LOL2:

First zipper pull!
2013-01-25205006_zps4a6b9380.jpg

Both zipper pulls on my EDC bag. The factory ones broke off......budget! Targus needs to fix a few things on their bags. :lol:

2013-01-25211930_zpsc62d72b5.jpg

Here is the video I found and used if you are interested. This guy has a nice youtube channel.

[youtube]1rVrGAeElrE[/youtube]

Picked up that cord wrapping as a Boatswains-mate in the Navy,I still use it on many items.One trick with cords and lashing I use on my boots, Right over Left,Left over Right,good old square knot. I have Never had my boots come untied Never!!Nice job BTW.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=334079#p334079 said:
Vader809 » 10 Nov 2013, 04:20[/url]"]Picked up that cord wrapping as a Boatswains-mate in the Navy,I still use it on many items.One trick with cords and lashing I use on my boots, Right over Left,Left over Right,good old square knot. I have Never had my boots come untied Never!!Nice job BTW.

Yep, and the beauty of daisy chaining is that it rolls out quickly, with no tangles. Great for dock and anchor lines on a boat. But also great for other things around the house, particularly extension cords. Daisy chain your extension cords when you store them, and be done with tangles for good! I store all mine like this, and even my welding leads.

Latest posts