salt water fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CVA-- USS Oriskany (CV/CVA-34) --- yes?

Marine here 1958/1962 com eng

i think i enjoy fishing the grass flats most of all -- love those red drum-and sea trout

I've fished from the Pamlico Sound at the NC OBX, to the Santee River Delta.
Grew up fishing Little River Inlet, Cherry Grove, and the ICW from Little River to Sunset Beach, NC. I suck at freshwater fishing....I can't even catch a bream half the time. But when it comes to saltwater, I'm pretty good at what I do!

We surf fish for big sharks a few times a year. Wish I lived closer to the ocean because I would do it all the time if I could.

All saltwater here, my inshore consists of stalking the flats in the st. pete area for reds,snook, trout, flounder, or anthing else that bites....mostly live bait sight casting. Offshore for gag grouper, snapper, reef donkeys, etc, but my true passion is billfish......nothing like blue marlin. Hey one of you guys had the pleasure of serving on the Mighty O......My dad was on that ship when they flew the first sorties in 64.....I have a really cool yearbook from his first tour of nam from that timeframe.

64-- seems the Marines were flying F4 phantoms- cource i got out in 62 so they may have changed by then-

btw where is CVA64 the mighty O

Rich27028 said:

i think i enjoy fishing the grass flats most of all -- love those red drum-and sea trout
Yes Sir right on !Was on Mighty O ...65-67 Va163..Yes Thoe reds and sea trout and flounder here are TOPS.Thanks for ???????...cva34

The Oriskany is resting Now.She lies at the bottem of the Gulf Of Mexico about 20 miles off coast at Pensacola FL ..cva34

cva34 said:
Rich27028 said:

Yes Sir right on !Was on Mighty O ...65-67 Va163..Yes Thoe reds and sea trout and flounder here are TOPS.Thanks for ???????...cva34

The Oriskany is resting Now.She lies at the bottem of the Gulf Of Mexico about 20 miles off coast at Pensacola FL ..cva34
Well I wont bust your chops too much for being along for the ride......but in all seriousness thank you very much for your service. I also served in the Navy for 6 years with an honorable discharge. One of the bucket list to do's will be to dive the Mighty O and video her for my father. He served as the flight ops yeoman two tours in Viet Nam. The history channel has a great documentary on the history all the way to the sinking of the Mighty O.

well we did need the ride- and a taxi is a taxi -

a fitting end to a great ship- not more shots fired in anger- i salute the ship and all the men who served on her- Semper Fi

I fish out of Monterey Bay, Calf. Fish for Rock fish, Halibut, Salmon & my favorite White Sea Bass.

Moved to the watering hole because i was called out for failing to move the categories into their proper place. :LOL2:

If this topic deserves a better home, please suggest one.

We've been having some REALLY nice days on the water this past week, fishing for trout, here's our most recent video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgHeiG9yFCE&list=UUHYpuGo2zvfQcgL2J7VdAqA&index=2&feature=plcp

LOL, be sure to watch it toward the end, my girlfriend has a nice one hooked up, but it got off the hook, listen to her comment :LOL2:

I felt bad for her, I know the feeling, lost quite a few nice ones myself, but, there's always tomorrow!

Jim said:
Moved to the watering hole because i was called out for failing to move the categories into their proper place. :LOL2:

If this topic deserves a better home, please suggest one.

Saltwater fishing forum?

Latest posts