Computer Prob.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tompatt

Reaction score
well my bro screwed up his comp some how. im guessin its the graphics card. when i turn it on the screen is a lil blurry in some spots and when i try to move a lil window around it keeps opening itself over and over again while it moves... any ideas?

BassAddict said:
format c: always works for me lol

format the whole hard drive? wouldnt that erase stuff? i think u may be talkin about it laggin or somethin like that. i put about a Gig or ram in his and he has like 60 gigs free space on his HDD. i got 2 gig ram and about a 250 gig HDD

Tompatt said:
BassAddict said:

format the whole hard drive? wouldnt that erase stuff? i think u may be talkin about it laggin or somethin like that. i put about a Gig or ram in his and he has like 60 gigs free space on his HDD. i got 2 gig ram and about a 250 gig HDD

It was only a joke DO NOT FORMAT THE DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BassAddict said:
Tompatt said:
BassAddict said:

It was only a joke DO NOT FORMAT THE DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS ALOT!!!! I JUST GOT DONE WITH DOIN THAT! :evil:

BassAddict said:
Sorry man, didnt think someone would actually do that and youd know i was joking in my post

JK... im not that stupid. if i built my comp. wouldnt i have the common sense to know how it works? lol :D GOT YA! =D>

phased said:
Tompatt what window are you moving around that keeps opening?

any window. it would move like slow across the screen. then start poppin up the same screen in the new place where i drug the window. im gonna put my graphics card in his to see if it works. cuz we have the same everything mostly. i just add on mine.

E-Rawk said:
I'd definitely try your graphics card in it, otherwise try reseating his. Try some canned air (air compressor works too) and blow out the dust buddies in the case.

yea i just cleaned his out like wed. soo yea im gonna try.

Couple of questons:
1. Computer worked OK before installing the new graphics card?
2. What version of windows are you running? XP?
3. You installed the new graphics card and now you're having problems?
4. Did you load the Factory Drivers (from CD) that came with the card or did you let windows add a default driver?
5. Did you check the graphic card manufactors website for updated drivers.
6 Did you check the graphic cards specs for System Memory & OS?
7. Right click on your desktop, select properties, then select the Settings Tab. Under display your new graphics card must be selected, resolution should be a minimum of 800 x 600 and your Color Quality should be a minimum of 32 bits. There is also a Troubleshooting Tutorial that may help.

bcritch said:
Couple of questons:
1. Computer worked OK before installing the new graphics card?
2. What version of windows are you running? XP?
3. You installed the new graphics card and now you're having problems?
4. Did you load the Factory Drivers (from CD) that came with the card or did you let windows add a default driver?
5. Did you check the graphic card manufactors website for updated drivers.
6 Did you check the graphic cards specs for System Memory & OS?
7. Right click on your desktop, select properties, then select the Settings Tab. Under display your new graphics card must be selected, resolution should be a minimum of 800 x 600 and your Color Quality should be a minimum of 32 bits. There is also a Troubleshooting Tutorial that may help.

no no... lol he always had this graphics card. his computer started acting up and the screen started saying "Out of Range" on the monitor.

This happens when your screen resolution is set to something higher than what your monitor can display. For example, if your monitor supports resolutions of up to 1024x768 and your video card allows you to crank it up to 1600x1200, doing so will give you an error. Another reason you might get the error is if the refresh rate you selected a certain resolution is higher than what your monitor supports. The monitor can't "sync" with the video card, so it just gives you that "Out of Range" error. If you are sure you have your resolution set at a reasonable amount, make sure that your monitor is plugged in all the way.

DocWatson said:
This happens when your screen resolution is set to something higher than what your monitor can display. For example, if your monitor supports resolutions of up to 1024x768 and your video card allows you to crank it up to 1600x1200, doing so will give you an error. Another reason you might get the error is if the refresh rate you selected a certain resolution is higher than what your monitor supports. The monitor can't "sync" with the video card, so it just gives you that "Out of Range" error. If you are sure you have your resolution set at a reasonable amount, make sure that your monitor is plugged in all the way.

yea im sure. we kept it this way for his whole time he had his comp (1 yr.) we both have 19 inch flat pannels and we set it the same.

Have you tried resetting the resolution to something lower, viewing at the new resolution, and then setting it back to it's original setting ?? Might also try changing the refresh rate and then setting it back. Sometimes it works like a kick in the head to get things back to "normal".

You might also try swapping the monitor with one that is known to work (yours) and see if the behavior is present on that monitor as well. If all is OK when you attach the other monitor then it's the monitor that is bad. Unlikely, but that will eliminate one thing from the equation.

DocWatson said:
Have you tried resetting the resolution to something lower, viewing at the new resolution, and then setting it back to it's original setting ?? Might also try changing the refresh rate and then setting it back. Sometimes it works like a kick in the head to get things back to "normal".

You might also try swapping the monitor with one that is known to work (yours) and see if the behavior is present on that monitor as well. If all is OK when you attach the other monitor then it's the monitor that is bad. Unlikely, but that will eliminate one thing from the equation.

exactly wat i did. when it first wouldnt show on his screen. switched it to mine and it showed. but did that crappy refresh thing. and i put it bak on his and it shows. but does the thing too.