Need a part.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatsboater72

Reaction score
Hey guys Im a new member here and have been on a few occasions, Ive been busy as hell at work so I havent been on as much as I want too. Anyway my drive shaft snapped in half where the impeller pin inserts into the shaft. I examined it and it looks to have been corroding for a while but just wasnt noticable in that location obviously. Well I wanted to ask if anyone has an extra one I can buy from them. This is for a 78 John/Evin 25hp outboard. The shaft is a total of 26" from end to end. The dealer said it would have to be specially ordered and would be $300+ which I will not have anywhere in the near future. So if anyone could help, my wife and I would be greatful. I will pay for shipping and a reasonable price. Thanks everyone!! :D

For an odd part like that I would try tcoutboard.com, or americanoutboard.com.
Also, go the the aomci.com, and post a wanted ad in the free classifieds they offer.

Were you not the one that went and dug through a motor junkyard to find your tiller? Think you could go back?

bassboy1 said:
For an odd part like that I would try tcoutboard.com, or americanoutboard.com.
Also, go the the aomci.com, and post a wanted ad in the free classifieds they offer.

Were you not the one that went and dug through a motor junkyard to find your tiller? Think you could go back?

Yeah BassBoy thats me the same guy, Im going to go back there next week but Im kinda doubtfull about finding this part, but I might get lucky. Thanks for those links though man!!!

Im back baby! Got the shaft and a brand new clutch dog for 75 bucks! I was starting to go thru fishing/boating withdrawals!!!! This thread may be locked!!!! LOL thanks for the responses.

Flatsboater72 said:
Im back baby! Got the shaft and a brand new clutch dog for 75 bucks! I was starting to go thru fishing/boating withdrawals!!!! This thread may be locked!!!! LOL thanks for the responses.

Great news man :beer:

Nothing worse that knowing your going to have to dish out serious $$$ when you don't want to.

Latest posts