Suggestions for St Augustine, FL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One Ball Paul

Reaction score
Hi All,

New member here, I just picked up an Alumacraft 1650 recently and so far I love it. I live close to Cedar Key FL, and we've taken the boat out there and had fun - caught a bunch of speckled trout (and some stingrays) so far. We plan on being in St. Augustine this weekend and I was hoping for some suggestions where we could take the boat for some fishing. I know there are tons of places in the area to put the boat in, I'm not familiar with the area so just hoping to get an idea where any decent boat ramps may be. I launch alone, so I'd prefer a ramp with a dock to tie up while I park my truck. Looking for a place that has reds, trout, flounder etc.

Any info is appreciated!

Hey Jim,

Haha, when I was younger we used to gather at a friends house just about every day. He had one of those blue collar old school fathers that rarely spoke to us, but scared us quite a bit. One day he just walked in the house looked at me and said "one ball paul, how the he!! are you doing". And the name stuck...so much so, that my best friends wife thought it was true for years haha.

On the boat ramp side, i've done some more research and we're thinking of putting in at Bings Landing in Palm Coast. It has a small park which would be good to let the little one run around before/after boating to let her get some energy out. If anyone has any comments regarding that, or alternate suggestions please let me know.

BTW Jim, I'm originally from MA and have only lived here a few years. I still work (remotely) for my company in MA, and one of my co-workers is from Shewsbury.

Latest posts