Another question for the woodworkers?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
An old craftsman table saw model 113.27520 followed me home today from craigslist.

It's a fixer upper but the motor works good and bearings seem to be good but it doesn't have a rip fence nor miter fence. I've been googling and searching through some forums but they seem to be for the hard core woodworker and I'm lost. lol

Other than ebay for parts is there a nice easy to understand forum (like tinboats) that could give me some pointers on the saw. Like look for original fences or go aftermarket etc. I'm not going to turn it into restoration project just a saw that I can use for my projects and be somewhat accurate.

Thanks

I'm on woodworking talk. Its a good site and theres a power tool section for questions like this.

What size is the saw? I see your missing your extension wings on both sides so I would find a replacement set or make a set from wood and formica. For a fence, I'd look at the Delta T2 fence. Its adaptable to most saws. A miter gauge can be picked up anywhere if you need one. Good ones like those made by Incra are a bit pricey.

You really don't need a factory mitre fence, just make one out of wood. Woodworkers do it
all the time, they call them panel cutters. Check out youtube for ideas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgVYnM8EC5w
Youtube might have some ideas on a diy rip fence too.
Tim

I found one wing on ebay and a miter from a same model. Not to restore back to original, just that it was in my price range and I figured it was good enough in the fifties for it.

Plus I'm not going to be building fine furniture just "projects".

I'd planned on the clamp a board method of ripping. lol I priced some of the aftermarket fences and I'd have three times what the saw cost in it.

I have the same saw. I got it for free with the factory fence. Fence was ok but not as accurate as I wanted, I ordered a Delta aftermarket fence for $200. It was worth every penny, getting accurate cuts is everything in woodworking. I also added a link belt which cut vibration dramatically and a cast iron extension(ebay). All in all I got a great saw for $275. Made in USA too!

I also sold the old fence on ebay and cleared about $50.

Latest posts