Hydrofoils

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatsboater72

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting one of them, anyone try em? Chime in anyone... Heres the one I am looking at ...
https://www.boatersworld.com/product/361090012msk.htm

I just threw a bunch of them away. Still have one or two in the back of the shop somewhere. Generally, people try to put them on to cover up another problem, so most old motors I buy have them. Really, they will only help if you need more stern lift, and if you don't, they won't gain anything. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those on any of my craft. On larger boats, the best thing to do would be to add smart tabs, and on smaller rigs, weight distribution is key.

Distribution of the weight it is then!!! Thanks Bassboy, I read a few reviews and they looked the same as yours.

I took them off my G3 after I got the boat. They were on my 25hp 4 stroke. I did not notice any difference with them on or off. I still have them in the basement if you want them, I can send them off to you but you WOULD have to drill holes in your motor.

Had one one my 9.9 for 1 season. I did not expect much but thought it couldnt hurt to try. Wish I had never bought it. A complete waste of time, money and I had to remove it to winterize the motor so it stayed off. In the end I ended up giving Cabelas $50 so I could drill holes in my motor #-o

I noticed a big improvement on my 15 ft with the 9.9 helped get the front end up out of the water quicker I think the are worth the small amount the cost

Wayne

Latest posts