Memorial Day fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
Went out yesterday on a very nice 66 ocean.....It was a little bumpy on the way out, but we did manage a few fish for dinner. We fished some ledges west of John's Pass in 70fsw. The bite was super slow as we fished through the morning. We ended up with a mixed bag of grunts, porgies, scamp, red grouper, and one nice flatline Kingfish. A big thanks to Mike and Jeanine for taking us out for some family fun. We threw back many nice gags, come on July 1, time to break out the spearguns.

Attachments

• bucket of fish.jpg
    bucket of fish.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 1,291
  • flatline king.jpg
    flatline king.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 1,291
  • jeanne sea.jpg
    jeanne sea.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 1,291
Nice stuff - we have some Mako sharks around right now and the water is getting better

1st tuner trip in a few weeks!

That is a 5 gallon bucket Jerry, I did not weigh the fish but I am guessing 18-20 lbs......I almost never fish for them unless its a tournament, but they do make good fish spread. Hey Capt, where are you going tuna fishing? East coast I assume since you said there were makos about......funny you say that, one of my customers said he had a pair of very large mako's following him out the other day. He was bandit fishing and decided to throw a half bonita out to him. He said that it dumped his 6/0 senator very fast and just swam off. There have been several large 500lb+ Mako's caught this year, and even one catch and release Great White, very rare for here. Good luck, I love tuna fishing.

We are fishing out of Rudee Inlet this year (VA Beach) so the canyons from there!

The Mako was at the tip of the Baltimore - water is still cool this week but we are looking at a push of warmer water in the next week or so

We are going to add some amberjack to the spread too....onions, peppers,mayo,oldbay, etc.......going for some red snapper sunday.....stay tuned.

Latest posts