Please Welcome Anchor Wizard as TinBoats newest Sponsor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Please welcome Jeff Wenzel and the team from Anchor Wizard as Tinboats newest sponsor. I am very excited to have these guys on board. They solve the never ending problem with anchors with a truly innovative American made anchoring system. They are more than just anchors, their products can be used in limitless ways. Check out the "other uses" section. It seems like they have a bunch of handy people like we have here using their products for other things......awesome!

I could sit here and describe it all, but I recommend you head over to the Anchor Wizard website and spend some time on their very well designed website. Click on their banner below and check out AnchorWizard.com.

For the facebook folks, please give them a "like" if you like what you see. :D

Jeff and crew, Thanks for coming onboard. We are glad to have you here. :USA1:

Jim

Thanks Jim!

We're happy to be a sponsor of TinBoats and love other innovative people who know how to drill holes in their boat without sinking it! By the looks of things this is THE place to be!

I'm not on here to "spam" Anchor Wizard, but rather to answer any questions about our systems - and to also learn from everyone else!

Excited to be a part of it!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318103#p318103 said:
Captain Ahab » 09 Jun 2013, 21:38[/url]"]With the crab pots - how does he get his line off the spool? (if he is pulling all the pots for the day?)

That's a good question. It would depend on the diameter of the line you are using with the pots, and how deep the drop is. The spools hold 300' of 1/4" line, but there are super lines out there with smaller diameters that would enable someone to hold more than 300' on the spool.

With a half-turn of the handle in the counterclockwise direction, our systems are designed to allow the spool to release. If you are dropping an anchor, you would get a "free spool" drop. I can check with the person who shot the video up in Alaska, but my guess is that he simply released the spool and unwound the line off the underside of the spool as fast as he pulled it off and probably collected it into a 5 gallon bucket.

I believe in Washington State, the recreational fisherman limit is 2 pots per person or 4 pots per boat max - not sure for Alaska or other states. So a day of crabbing would consist of probably pulling and dropping 4 pots every couple of hours. Not like the big commercial guys on TV, obviously. There are smaller motorized pullers on the market, and our systems weren't originally designed for pot pulling - but that obviously hasn't stopped people from using them for things other than anchoring their boat. I've got video coming of a guy who uses his smaller GCJ unit like a hoist on the back of his ATV hitch to hang and take down his lock-on tree stands for deer hunting. People amaze me at their ingenuity.

Back to crabbing, we have requests from guys in Maryland who catch blue crabs by tying chicken necks over 1,000 feet of line and want side plates adapted to the spools to wind more line on the spools - chicken necks included in the wind-up! After the line lies at the bottom of the ocean for a while, the crabs keep munching away while the line is slowly wound onto the spool and basically let go of the chicken neck right at the boat/water's surface, where they just scoop them up with a net. I personally want to head to MD and see this firsthand (and mow down on some fresh crab! mmmm).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks - I am familiar with Trot lining and your system would work well with that

Let me know and I can certainly arrange to get you out for a day of trot line crabbing

BTW - besides chicken necks, salted bulls lips and eel are also popular baits!

[youtube]5JPvKjCjdfA[/youtube]

That looks like a pretty easy way to do it right there! Easy pickings on a calm day. Might be a bit more challenging in waves for sure.

Thanks for embedding the video. I'd be in serious trouble if I lived where you could get fresh crab like that - good times!

Welcome! As you have probably been informed: It is customary for new sponsors to give each and every member of the site a FREE sample of thier product; but since your such a great guy and company to have on board we (as in ME) have decided that only one FREE sample will be necessary; And as we know you are looking to expand your product's exposure into the deep southeast where fishing and boating are a year round thing. It has been decided that I should be the lucky recipient of said sample.

Please prepare to send one AW-GCJ715- Gunnel Clamp Junior and one AW-NP517 Nose Piece Roller (address can be obtain by sending me a PM at this site).

Thank you and welcome to TinBoats.net :WELCOME:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318190#p318190 said:
Jeff Wenzel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:16 pm[/url]"]That looks like a pretty easy way to do it right there! Easy pickings on a calm day. Might be a bit more challenging in waves for sure.

Thanks for embedding the video. I'd be in serious trouble if I lived where you could get fresh crab like that - good times!

I am more of a DE bay fishermen - and rarely crab - I just wait for a "friend" with I bet in Mich you could do the same with crawfish - HA!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318201#p318201 said:
Colbyt » 10 Jun 2013, 16:33[/url]"]Welcome as a sponsor. A serious selection of what looks like quality products.

Thanks for the welcome and kind words, Colbyt - we take a lot of pride in manufacturing these systems. The spools are casted at a foundry in Muskegon, MI and we use TImkin bearings coming out of Arizona - even the automotive style brake pads we use are American made. All of the other parts are precision machined in our shop in Evart, MI. We go so far as to use oil impregnated bronze bushings inside the rollers for easy (and quiet!) spinning, and we anodize everything, so even heavy use in salt water is not an issue. These units really take the work out of anchoring and are truly built to last.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318203#p318203 said:
simbelle » 10 Jun 2013, 16:54[/url]"]Welcome! As you have probably been informed: It is customary for new sponsors to give each and every member of the site a FREE sample of thier product; but since your such a great guy and company to have on board we (as in ME) have decided that only one FREE sample will be necessary; And as we know you are looking to expand your product's exposure into the deep southeast where fishing and boating are a year round thing. It has been decided that I should be the lucky recipient of said sample.

Please prepare to send one AW-GCJ715- Gunnel Clamp Junior and one AW-NP517 Nose Piece Roller (address can be obtain by sending me a PM at this site).

Thank you and welcome to TinBoats.net :WELCOME:

Now that's a hearty welcome indeed! Unfortunately, Simbelle, the best I can offer you is to keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming FREE GIVEAWAY on the TinBoats forum! We are working out the details and should have an announcement in the near future. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of boat do you have that you wish to put the Gunnel Clamp Junior on?

I am more of a DE bay fishermen - and rarely crab - I just wait for a "friend" with I bet in Mich you could do the same with crawfish - HA!

LOL, Cap't. I've caught my fair share of crawfish as a kid up here, but only used the tails for cut bait for perch fishing on the Grand Haven pier in Lake Michigan. I do have a LOVE for crawfish fettucini, that I acquired from a restaurant called Copeland's of New Orleans on biz trips to Nashville of all places. That stuff is to die for.

After a re-count I am the winner. As I NEED something like this as this looks to be the sturdiest anchor system and I can't find anyone that can do the anchor properly........ While in my boat. :lol:

Now that's a hearty welcome indeed! Unfortunately, Simbelle, the best I can offer you is to keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming FREE GIVEAWAY on the TinBoats forum! We are working out the details and should have an announcement in the near future. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of boat do you have that you wish to put the Gunnel Clamp Junior on?

12' V hull, probably late 60's Sears. See link.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318211#p318211 said:
Jeff Wenzel » 10 Jun 2013, 18:26[/url]"]

12' Sears V hull, probably late 60's; see link.

I DO NOT want you to just send me a free anchor system - I am willing to do a long term field test - will PM you my address

I promise to return it when I am done - fishing - or if i die whichever comes first

BTW - 16ft MirroCraft w/ 25 hp - and I fish deep water so make it a big *** winch please! :LOL2:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318430#p318430 said:
simbelle » 12 Jun 2013, 08:42[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318211#p318211 said:
Jeff Wenzel » 10 Jun 2013, 18:26[/url]"]

12' Sears V hull, probably late 60's; see link.

That's awesome! That's the boat my gramps had that got me hooked on fishing as a kid - and what I had in mind when I wrote up the Standard V copy on the new site. The GCJ would be perfect for it. What do you like to chase with it?

Latest posts