Fishing off Port Richey

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonboat Jerry

Reaction score
What a day. We left the dock at 6A and ran for two hours to put us 50 mi west of New Port Richey in 100 ft of water.
The weather was clear, but the waves were 3-4 ft making for a rough ride in a 25ft open center console boat.
The fishing was great and we got about 9 Red Grouper at the first spot. The largest was this bruiser at 27",
and in 100' of water they will make you work! Moving on to several other spots had us limited out at 12.
The last spot got me the lone Red Snapper at 17", which was our target for the day. We were using Pin Fish for bait.
Got back around 5P, I'm still frazzled and sore from the boat beating.
Hey BigWave, I'll trade you a Grouper number for your Snapper number :)

Attachments

• DSC00613s.jpg
    DSC00613s.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 978
  • DSC00616s.jpg
    DSC00616s.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 978
Good job Jerry, Did you go straight west out of clearwater? If you did you needed to get out another 15 miles or so, at least 120' to start catching the snappers. I went out 60 miles last time and we had our limit in a 1/2 hour or so, then we did it again twice on two different spots. I have some good numbers for ya, you just need to tell me which direction your going. I will be participating in the 102.5 the bone fishing slam this weekend......I am going to a number where I caught this one.....the water is 275'.

Attachments

• snapper.jpg
    snapper.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 951
We were straight west of New Port Richey @50mi and 100'. That's about 30 mi north of your track.
Stan and I (Donzi35) will try your suggestion going a little further out, that's a huge Snapper! You are going to be eating Snapper for some time Kevin. =D>
Good luck with the Tournament.

Latest posts