10' Jon Boat Bassin'

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
You must be a registered user to be able to read the posts in this forum
DrNip

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by DrNip »

Are you not worried about the C clamps or is that just temporary until you know it will work and then you'll construct more solid? Seems like they will constantly loosen and/or move.

BlakeRauch

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by BlakeRauch »

That definitely could be a factor, they seem to be pretty solid but it will be a trial and error. I'm pretty good at Afro-engineering things to stay where they are if need be! Haha
Do you have a suggestion for a better mount?
The Bassquatch --> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33466

The Bassquatch 2.0 --> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36650

DrNip

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by DrNip »

I would 1st get it out on the water to see if it works or what you want. Once you decide then I would look into welding 4 brackets onto the boat that you can bolt each leg to.

BlakeRauch

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by BlakeRauch »

I wish I had the equipment to weld aluminum! You know of anyone around OKC that can?

DrNip

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by DrNip »

Ha didn't even notice you were from Oklahoma. I got a guy that has a custom bike shop/aluminum boat repair shop to weld mine. Let me know if and when and I'll give you his number. He's just off I-40 and Choctaw.

Mnolting

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by Mnolting »

Glad to see you got the title worked out, I was worried about mine initially, but like you said it was really easy! Where do you plan on using it for its maiden run?

rocket rich

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by rocket rich »

I added outrigger's to my 10' footer, simple pvc and blue dock foam, cut foam into two foot pieces and fasten it to a pvc tee with alum straps and very close to the boat sides. very stable now wish I could show pictures but don't know how

BlakeRauch

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by BlakeRauch »

The deck is coming along just fine. I got the hatch cut out and trimmed about 3/8 inch off to allow for the carpet. I still need to put in the 2x4's on the bottom and attach the hinges. I'm getting antsy to get her in the water.
This is the first thing I've ever carpeted so it was interesting learning the process.
IMG_4654.jpg
IMG_4655.jpg
IMG_4656.jpg
I know the bottoms not too pretty... haha
IMG_4657.jpg
Mnolting
Her maiden voyage will hopefully be on Lake Konawa. It hasn't gotten real warm in OK yet. Konawa is a smaller local power plant lake so the discharge side already getting good! They even have a few hybrids in there :D

rocket rich
I would love to see some pictures! There is a how to guide for pictures in the "Watering Hole" forum for you technologically challenged old folk :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rocket rich

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by rocket rich »

ole folks.. WHOOO just starting over for the next 75 [-X

BlakeRauch

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by BlakeRauch »

I was able to get the deck supported and put the rim around the hatch today. This thing is solid.
I'm getting really close to the finish line and I'm ready to get this thing in the water! :D
Sorry about the dark black and white photo, I had to edit it to make it small enough pixel-wise for this website.
IMG_4668.jpg
IMG_4669.JPG
IMG_4667.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

XtremeAngler17

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by XtremeAngler17 »

Great job so far! Im so glad i ran into this post. Im working on my build and i was planning on doing outriggers too! Im going to try to make mine be able to swing up for fitting into tight spaces. Yours looks great though! Keep it up =D>
12" Lowe Jon Boat Build

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=33846

Check it out :)

BlakeRauch

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by BlakeRauch »

Thanks, XtremeAngler17! That would be convenient. Do you have a thread going for your build?

XtremeAngler17

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by XtremeAngler17 »

Not yet Blake, I will soon! I just picked up my trailer last night and am gonna start with a fresh paint job,, I will let you know when i start mine. How did you tag my name in the comment and is there a notification center on this forum.. (im new lol, thanks in advance)
12" Lowe Jon Boat Build

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=33846

Check it out :)

StevePruven
Donor

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by StevePruven »

This is awesome! I will be posting the original pics on my project this weekend, also a 10ft. I have stabilizers i purchased for my canoe that fit on the front of the boat, they will need some modifications but nothing major. They also clamp on. I look forward to watch your project move forward as well as share my own.

Did you build a support frame for your deck? If so can you post photos of it please.

BlakeRauch

10' Jon Boat Bassin'

Post by BlakeRauch »

XtremeAngler17
There is no way to tag a name that I'm aware of. I just do it to keep confusion to a minimum. Haha. That's a good idea though! Maybe an admin will see this and make something happen [-o< Let me know when you start your forum!

StevePruven
Thank you, Steve! I'm excited to see your build! Don't let the negative feedback about 10 footers get you down, it'll be as good as you make it.
Because the deck rests on the bow seat and the middle seat, I didn't build a frame per se. However, there is a support near the center of the deck around the middle of the hatch. The deck just sits in the gap between seats. The best part is that it's removable incase I wanna put the seats in and go catfishing. :D
IMG_4681.jpg
Most of the support comes from the seats
IMG_4683.jpg
I used treated 2x4's