Metal Rod Holders is Looking for Pro Staff

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MetalRodHolders.com is looking to expand our network through the use of Promotional Staff. Our target market for new pro-staff is Catfish and Crappie tournaments regional or local.

If you are interested in becoming a part of our pro-staff please shoot me a PM with some details about tournaments that you are set to fish in yet this year and a brief history of how you have done in the past.

We have had a great run so far and look forward to another great year. We will have plenty of promo items and products for the right pro staff members.

I'm not in the running for any prostaff, but I just wanted to give them a shameless plug and say Tyler and the guys at Metal Rod Holders make some GREAT stuff and are wonderfull to deal with!!! The versatility and mounting options of the 45 degree 3/8" holders and 2" x 1" mounts I have is awesome. I have 4 holders and 10 mounts mounted on various spots on my rail. Almost endless mounting options for various situations.

Funny. I was just talking about needing some rod holders on my boat. O do some trolling, but not much. However, I do tend to soak a shrimp or croaker occasionally.
I'll have to look them up.

Very cool move!

Wish I was into more cat and crappie, but I can't put my bass stuff down. I'm having an AWESOME year too in my tournaments. 3 pts behind the leader for AOY.

(yes....that's a shameless plug) :mrgreen:

Thanks Big Terp for the kind words.

I've been running into a lot of guys that have that Bass habit and just can't put it down. I think more people need to find a place that has some 50lb catfish or even 20lb that would probably start converting people.

I don't fish tournaments but I do fish for crappie and cats alot. If you just need someone to field test them I'm your man

Metal Rodholders said:
Our target market for new pro-staff is Catfish and Crappie tournaments regional or local.

I wouldn't leave out the striper guys either. I find those guys to be as serious about their rod holders as the catfisherman.

I spend a lot of time each season trolling for coldwater fish, but these don't look like ideal trolling rod holders- more still fishing rod holders. Right now I have 6 Downeaster clamp on rod holders on my boat. I use a planer board mast and planer boards to be able to fish 6 lines off my little 14'er. I fish 4 lines off the planer boards and 2 off of down riggers mounted on the stern. All of these rods require rod holders.

Correct me if I am wrong about using these for trolling or downrigger rods. Keep in mind the trolling rods are 9' rods with leadcore and can have a crazy amount of force on them when I have 8-12 colors of lead out (and not using the planers).

Jethro,

The 1/2" rod holders are very heavy duty you could probably pick your boat up by the rod holders I have no reason to think that they would not work for what your looking for. I pull Jet 20's with mine regularly and have not had any issues and they put a substantial amount of force on the rods.

I need some rod holders for my boat but the sides of my boat are rounded, not flat. I looked on your website but did not see any bases that would work. Are y'all in the process of making a base that would work for my kind of set up??? Thanks!!!!