i got a nasty virus...Braviax.exe

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny5

Reaction score
hey guys i just got my office computer back from the shop and i had a nasty virus called braviax. its a trojan virus that loads other trojan programs on your computer :shock: it almost killed my betsy, who just got a new hard drive in january. i got AVG and it couldn't do anything with it, its tell tale is it pops up a message about emmm every ten seconds with red circle and an "x" in the middle, by far the worst program, virus, spyware that ive ever seen so be careful and USE PROTECTION! :D

I WAS USING AVG 8.0, BUT NOW IVE GOT AVG, AD-AWARE AD-WATCH AND SOMETHING CALLED CCLEANER CAN NEVER BE TO CAREFUL :lol:

For those who haven't had an experience like this and want to avoid it, here are a few links to some programs/utilities and tutorials for them that will help keep your system running clean and safe.

A tutorial & link to Spybot Search & Destroy can be found here.
A tutorial & link to Spywareblaster can be found here
Links to all the best anti spyware/anti-malware programs (most are free) can be found here

You can get Adaware 2008 here and there is a tutorial for Adaware 2007 here.

AVG is a free antivirus program that has gotten good reviews and Avast (the one I use) is also free for personal use.

HTH

You can't rely on just one AV program to protect you. But you can't install more than one AV program on a system without causing major conflict problems between the 2 programs. You need multiple layers of protection from these other utilities and programs, as some will miss things that others pickup. The programs and utilities I mentioned can all be installed on one computer at the same time and offer different types of protection. For example, SpywareBlaster does not scan your system, it is always running in the background, blocking thousands of bad things from ever getting to your system, while Adaware and Spybot need to be updated and then set to scan your system to detect any nasties that have slipped in undectected. Spybot also offers some real-time protection as well. It should be noted that all the programs I have mentioned are all free for personal use.

The only protection program I pay for is Webroot's Spy Sweeper. I only use the Anti-Spyware part of the program ($29.95 for 1 year, $39.95 for two) and do not buy the AV or firewall programs (I use ZoneAlarm FREE for my firewall and Avast for AV). All I can say is that it is worth the investment for the peace of mind it provides.

DANG RIGHT DOC, i downloaded spybot search and destroy and scanned but it couldn't contain the virus cuz the dern thing had the capability to restore itself in your hard drive, but i don't go to those kind of sights for this is my office computer the only places i come is here the news and youtube for the occasional fishing bloopers(i love those things). i am honestly trying to figure out where it came from?

Latest posts