Jet Wing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.jetwingllc.com

I saw this on one of the boats this past weekend at the show and was curious as to what it was all about. Anyone have any experience with this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424180619.641172.jpg

I'm not positive but it appears to help steer a jet outboard for those times you let off the throttle. Just my opinion from the way it looks?

I see those on ebay all the time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JET-WING-LLC-STABILIZING-SYSTEM-JW-IV-OUTBOARD-JET-MOTORS-/130626110625?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item1e69ec44a1&vxp=mtr

I ran one last year and so far it has held up, even cold weather. It is made to help steer at slow speeds and works perfect for me. I have a stick steer so I sit up front. It really does as it says, at least on my set up. Tracker Panfish 17/ 40 HP Merc. Hope this helps

Definitely seems like it would help with docking and trailer loading. It would also be out of the water when on plane.

redeyefighter said:
I ran one last year and so far it has held up, even cold weather. It is made to help steer at slow speeds and works perfect for me. I have a stick steer so I sit up front. It really does as it says, at least on my set up. Tracker Panfish 17/ 40 HP Merc. Hope this helps

Good to hear! Thanks for the review!

New guy here, haven't gotten around to introducing myself yet but thought I'd give you a review on the Jet-wing. I've been running one on my 115/80 Yammy for about 4 years. It does help some with low speed steering. Not a night and day difference, but certainly helps. Can't prove it, but I believe it also helped my hole shot some. I will say it is VERY tough. Mine has seen all kinds of abuse, including me doing some very heavy ice breaking this past winter on the Chesapeake Bay (not intentional, ice pack blew in between me & the ramp while duck hunting) and has held up fine. Gets a little bent out of place now & then. I just bend it back.

Latest posts