Rod and Reel values

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick

Reaction score
I have some rods and reels that I would like to find out if they have any value. A few websites suggest looking on ebay because they don't want to be bothered.
I have a few that I am unable to find.
I would appreciate any and all information as to where to look, books or names of people that may be able to help me.

Thanks

I am away from home right now. I can't take pics.
The rod is a Johnny Walker 1 U.S. patent 609504.
It's a 2 piece rod 67" long. Baitcaster. The ferrule is crimped, non-magnetic and silver in color. No green corrosion.
It has 2 eyes plus the tip. The wire is wrapped around the rod with 2 loops for the eye. No thread, no adhesive. The tip is a crimped on sleeve with the eye "legs" crimped in the sleeve.
It has to be a light action because it is whippy.
There are no other markings on it.

I never saw anything like this before. Curious what it's worth and if it is my "Retirement"
I highly doubt it is.

If it is worth something or a rarity and collectable it needs to be someplace other than my closet.

It's a 2 piece rod 67" long. Baitcaster. The ferrule is crimped, non-magnetic and silver in color. No green corrosion.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seen and heard quite a few questions thru the years regarding Johnny Walkers.
Although I have never seen one personally, friends of mine have.
They were made in Detroit in the '60s and '70s, then started to import from Haiti.

MOST are available for purchase in the $15 to $25 range; however, they are on the "potentially valuable" list.

Can't tell you much from there.
Maybe someone else can.

Latest posts