i know not suggested byt 1991 force gamefisher 9.9 to 15

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I picked up a 91 force 9.9 gamefisher for so cheap if I mentioned how much I paid I would be universally hated on here but motor runs great guy had it for lake fishing and said he used it maybe 3 or 4 tines and I believe him the motor is beautiful I bought it and slapped it on my 12' flatty. I'm a big guy and most of my buddies are big guys but with me and another person in the boat I can get 12 to 15 mph which is great but I'm young and I wanna go faster.. So anyone ever convert one of these motors??? Can't find anything online at all not even sure if its possible. I'm satisfied with the speed now but like I said I'm young and wanna go fast. My boats plate says a max of 10 hp so buying another motor that's bigger is kinda out of the question where converting it while probably illegal would maintain the weight of the 9.9 but have the go of a 15 any input on thus would be greatly appreciated

You'd need to take the model# to determine the year, look up parts on a OB website schematic page, like boats.net and then compare the carb body, parts thereof and inlet manifold of the 9.9 vs the 15hp.

Ok that makes sense I know with evinrude\johnson you only have to change carb and exhaust tube and its done im hoping its the same thing the block cast should be the same if its comparable right?? As well as piston size and if they are the same and the intake \ carb \ exhaust should have different numbers right ??

Boatfloater1989 said:
Ok that makes sense I know with evinrude\johnson you only have to change carb and exhaust tube and its done im hoping its the same thing the block cast should be the same if its comparable right?? As well as piston size and if they are the same and the intake \ carb \ exhaust should have different numbers right ??

Question, I'm thinking of doing the same things with my 94' 9.9, did you ever do this , how, and how did it turn out for you? Any information you could provide would be appreciated.

Latest posts