WHO is the hunter and who is the HUNTED ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
LOL - I feel like a fool. Which is not very hard to do sometimes.

I live way out in the country. In front of my home is our dirt road.
Across the road, is a family that boards horses, riding lessons, etc etc.
they have two sons, 17 & 18. Big outdoors people. Hunting, fishing, etc.
I hung up my hunting cap years ago. so I don't get out much.

well, yesterday, I kept hearing this screaming sound. Like an animal in distress.
I got my binocs out, couldn't see anything. walked out to the road, sounded like the
sound was coming from some palmettos over on the horse ranch. I hopped the fence
and tried to find the source of the animal sounds. Then, out of the corner of my eye,
was some movement, like an animal caught in a trap.
I slowly walked over to it then I heard the giggling and laughing. These two CLOWNS
had a new predator attractor thing to attract coyotes, fox and such. The kind that has a speaker
and a moving wand of feathers.
They did not intend to attract me. They were just playing with their new toy. But when they
saw me being attracted to it, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA they couldn't help themselves.

yeah yeah yeah , a funny time for all. (mostly for them) But, THEIR day is coming !!! Just wait. :popcorn:

I don't know how much news you guys get from Central Florida,
but, we are being run over with bulldozers in new construction.
new shopping malls, housing developments, every day, thousands
of pristine natural woodland acres and orange groves are being scraped down
to bare sand to build another mega something or other.

so, this is destroying the habitat for many types of wildlife and is pushing
the black bear into our populated areas. which is becoming a serious problem.
coyotes are eating peoples pets, foxes are under peoples houses raising kits,
it is just terrible. Florida has never had a black bear hunting season - ever.
now, this year, there are 350 tags issued Just for Central Florida.

and yes, the CLOWNS across the road got me. Am sure they will have a very
successful predator hunt this fall.

:lol: Wait till they play the locator siren at full volume---------at 2:00 in the morning! :LOL2:

Just saw the last post. It happened here in Pa.; there is a development built up against the border of virtually every state gameland in NE Pa., guess where most of the critters are! They draw them in with feeders and after awhile they start complaining about being overrun by the same animals that they enticed into a sanctuary.
Supposedly it got so bad in Hemlock Farms that they brought in state shooters to get rid of some of the deer. I read several articles about trophy deer and bear living in that development.

Better keep an eye on youtube, you might be a star on there pretty soon if they recorded you on the "hunt"
It is pretty funny.
Tim

Barefoot_Johnny said:
I don't know how much news you guys get from Central Florida,
but, we are being run over with bulldozers in new construction.
new shopping malls, housing developments, every day, thousands
of pristine natural woodland acres and orange groves are being scraped down
to bare sand to build another mega something or other.

so, this is destroying the habitat for many types of wildlife and is pushing
the black bear into our populated areas. which is becoming a serious problem.
coyotes are eating peoples pets, foxes are under peoples houses raising kits,
it is just terrible.

Sounds like coastal South Carolina, where the mentality is to rape and scrape, fill and kill, then build high-density, with houses so close together, you could borrow a roll of toilet paper from your neighbor by reaching out the bathroom window. And don't do anything to fix the 30-year outdated roads that are bumper-to-bumper on a daily basis. All I can say is thank God for areas like the Santee Coastal Reserve, Waccamaw Heritage Preserve, Brookgreen Gardens, and Cape Romain NWR. At least the greedy land rapers can't ever destroy those areas with more golf courses.

Sorry for the rant.....

LOL it is not a rant - it is the effen TRUTH !!!

Back in the early 70's when I-95 was being built, I remember stopping off
at Myrtle Beach to spend the night. Even back then, it was showing signs of
snatch n grab investors for greater things to come. Not necessarily GOOD
things, but never the less, it has happened.
Millions and Millions of people want to have the Attractions such as Disney World
and Six Flags, etc. But not in THEIR back yard ..... Same scenario with a city
dump - we want it, but just not in MY back yard.

Orlando Attractions are so over populated now that there has been a budget
approved to build Pedestrian Crossover bridges at several intersections because
tourists are actually being run over in the crosswalks by locals that should seek
mental help about the tourist industry.

whew - lol - anyway, it is what it is.

back to the CLOWNS across the road. They are serious sportsmen and have several
good quality game cameras. So next time I see them out in the field playing with their
new toys, I will just mozey over and off the cuff, ask if they have their game cameras up
to "catch the action" of anything being lured in by the decoy. ( ME for example ) LOL LOL

and, what is the "locator siren" ?

People move to the country to be closer to nature and then when nature shows up they call animal control to come take it away. Then after nature is gone the developers move in and take over everything. Then the people move to the country again. It is a vicious cycle.

KMixson, you nailed it! As a fellow coastal South Carolinian, you'd be surprised how much of SCDNR law enforcement time is consumed by responding to 'nuisance wildlife' calls. The real nuisance are the implants that move down here, disrupt wildlife habitat by building where things should never be built, and then they are shocked to see wildlife moving around on their property, and demand for it to be removed or killed.

Hey, Barefoot Johnny! Throw together a makeshift Sasquatch costume and make a point to lope through the field of thier camera sometime.

Roger

oh nooooooo I don't think any kind of experienced outdoorsman
would put on a monkey suit and walk thru the woods.

I know you meant it only as a prank - to walk only in front of their
cameras...... but I would hope nobody ever does that.
cool idea for fun, but not so good in reality.

I will have my turn, LOL, it is only a matter of time.

If you know where their game camera is, you could always swap the SD card with one that's pre-loaded with some good wildlife pictures:

images.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

You get the idea...... :mrgreen: :LOL2:

i may seriously have to do that this year during hunting season. i am on a deer management team where there are several of us assigned a "park" and some guys have their cameras out all season. i may have to add some zoo pictures, or sasquatch

Latest posts