Thinking about stick steer

amk

Post by amk »

Got the rack and boat back yesterday I will attempt to rig the steering today. I stopped by the dealership/shop I bought my boat from to see if they had a tilt tube laying around and I was in luck picked one up for free. Found some on eBay they all were $40 so I I felt pretty good about that score.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CedarRiverScooter

Post by CedarRiverScooter »

The grab handles look great!

amk

Post by amk »

My ezy glide was too short got to return it for a longer one... :shock: . Can a tilt tube be threaded? All I need to do is get it threaded and I can hook it up once I get the longer steering in.

amk

Post by amk »

Couple more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CedarRiverScooter

I skip-slide on corners quite a bit, bet that would be quite a feeling with your high seating.

amk

Post by amk »

My first steering was too short had to exchange it. Finally got it back. I've been dragging my feet on getting this tilt tube threaded to run through the boat but once I do it'll finally be ready to test out. I believe it will work the steering looks like it'll hold up under water.

BigTerp
Donor

Post by BigTerp »

Nice!!
BigTerp's Tracker Sportsman 16' build-------> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26774

amk

Post by amk »

I lucked out a buddy had one threaded that was perfect. 5200 should be cured this afternoon. Yesterday when I fired my motor up it would run like it was wide open and die out if I gave it gas. I believe it's because I just bolted the carbs on and didn't put gasket maker down so I put a bead down and let it cure over night. Fingers crossed for that being the problem I'm ready to drive this thing.

amk

Post by amk »

Well the gasket maker didn't work.. I did instal a primer kit so maybe that gas is messing it up it's got to be carb related if it's running wot then dying without me even touching the throttle any ideas?

Texas Prowler

Post by Texas Prowler »

You can buy gasket material in pre cut squares at the auto parts stores. That might work.

CedarRiverScooter

After i rebuilt my carbs I had a high idle problem. Turned out to be bad carb synch.

Also - You might have bad crankshaft seals. I think you can pressure test the crankcase to test them.

amk

Post by amk »

I hope it's not a crank seal.. Pulling that motor is no fun.

amk

Post by amk »

never use flex seal

Texas Prowler

Post by Texas Prowler »

How did you prep before spraying on flex seal?

amk

Post by amk »

No prep just sprayed. It's great if you don't ever have to remove it.