Replacing Seals and/or Carrier Bearing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverBottomOutdoors

Reaction score
Looks like my seal has failed on my carrier bearing. Pushing out a lot of water when greasing at the end of the day. Just started this weekend. Anyone have a tutorial on replacing the seals and/or the bearing or have advice on it please share. How about cost of doing this DIY vs mechanic? Any advice or recommendations appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonah

If your fairly mechanical it's not to hard to do you remove the shoe, remove impeller. Couple of bolts hold the carrier drive shaft combo in remove the four bolts holding it on. A press is helpful but not a necessity for disassembling the the carrier and bearings. I don't remember exactly how mine came apart I know there was a snap ring and I used a press to separate my bearing and drive shaft. I believe rotus used some block or woods and hammer to beat his apart. For parts and price best to just call outboard jets directly to get the bearing and seal kit you need. Just know what model outboard jet you have when you call.

Latest posts