1999 Mercury 25HP Jet for sale...what's it worth

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sightfish

Reaction score
I've got a good running 1999 Mercury 2-stroke 25 HP Jet that I want to sell. Just need more power. What do you all think it's worth? $1500.00 or so?

Depends on your location. In southern MO some rivers have 25hp limit so they're worth more there for that reason, you probably could get that out of it there if it's in good shape.

I had a SUPER clean 2000 25/20 jet tiller steer. It was a factory jet. Ran perfectly. I had it on CL for $2750 and I had a guy in texas called me and told me he wanted it badly and would pay me $3000 plus shipping. Well, he paid me by paypal and once the money cleared I shipped it off. He paid $3200 total and was super happy.

Now that is totally on the high end of the spectrum, but just know they are rare and sought after. I would start the bid war at $2250-2750, depending on condition.

Great! That's good news. Mines pretty clean with good compression so I'll hope for the best. We've got no restrictions down here in Alabama and would like to see 20+MPH in a jet boat someday. That motor ain't the one. Maybe down river on an empty stomach if I'm lucky. But good for what it is I guess...

Yeah I would only run a jet that small if I was required to by law (hp restrictions) Other wise I'd never have a rig with anything less than a 60/40.

Yep Im with Andy. Its hard to get anywhere with a jet smaller than 40hp. That 25/20 is about as small as they come.

That being said, there are still plenty of people that want em. Slap her on a 1448 jon boat for a one man rider and shes a lot of fun.

I had mine on a mod-v polarkraft, 1648. It was pull start so I didnt need a battery. Two guys, full cooler, 6 gallon gas can and fishing gear and we were moving 17-18 up river, 20-21 down. She planed out okay and ran skinny. Id like one just to scoot around the river and learn it better!!!

There are plenty of people running underpowered rigs out there that are fine with it for what they are doing or possibly someone like me who would strap that bad boy to a 10 footer and roll out! :D

Good pics and a thorough ad and it will sell.

I’m located near auburn, al. Yeah we run it on a 1542 war eagle and get about 19 with one person and 13-15 ish with two guys about 190 a piece. . It seems like we get different speeds every time we go out even with same weight distribution, etc. Depends on how big a breakfast we ate I guess. I put it on a 1436 and was real sketchy. Faster but unstable to say the least. Compression is good and running good rpm but we’ve noticed reduced speed recently. Newer wear sleeve but old impeller so Think Needs impeller but don’t want to put money in it if selling. It’s great for what it is but we need more power for the amount of current we run in.

Latest posts