Mercury jet pump

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtypearl

Reaction score
High all, hope everyone is getting out on the water or has plans to. Question, I have a 1998 mercury force 120 hp with outboard jet kit on it. Thought about repowering my boat and wondered if that pump would fit on any newer mercury powerheads? Kinda looking at the 135hp optimax. Id really like a newer evinrude e tec but I'd have to buy a new pump kit, new controls and oil tank on top of the powerhead.

If you don't get an answer on here I would contact outboard jets in CA. They make them all and would be able to give you specific info. on what your pump will fit. I have dealt with them and they seem like a very customer friendly co. willing to help out owners of their products.

You can get a etec as a jet from the factory so you don't have buy a outboard and the jet kit separately. Same goes for the new mercs.

Thanks for the responses. I'll grab thoes numbers off the jet tonight. Dose anyone know roughly what a new e-tec 105 jet costs? Just trying to weigh the options.

Latest posts