86 Starcraft BASSV170 Rebuild/refit

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
You must be a registered user to be able to read the posts in this forum
akboats

Post by akboats »

rcaircraftnut wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 01:26 Bought this Wednesday after work. Going to go pick it up tomorrow morning and bring it to the new shop. Hope to start teardown next week.20190703_144914.jpg
Looked into doing all Coosa board and it's just a bit under $1700 plus shipping. Not sure I want to go that route. May just do flberglass over wood cores. I have a bunch of hard balsa wood I could use for cores but that is a lot of work. May have to use plywood this time untill budget constraints are looser. If I do a coosa transom and a coosa subfloor now and wood decks I can add coosa decks later. Will have to see. I dont want to be without a boat this summer so using funds from sale of the basstraker isnt an option at this time.
I like that squarebody burb in the background.Also like that C10. had a a 79 k10 i believe stepside shortbed. I have a 87 r10 longbed. Are you apart of any squarebody pages?
[-X McCullough

rcaircraftnut

Post by rcaircraftnut »

Got the house livable for now. Still need to get the water heater tank welded.
Tools are finally in the shop. Got a decent running truck to daily for a while so I can work on the 79 chevy at my leisure. Going to be taking a break from that project for a while to get back on the boat. Yay. Plan to go after it tomorrow after work. It has been sitting at a buddy's place since I moved waiting for tires and a truck to pull it home.

rcaircraftnut

Post by rcaircraftnut »

akboats wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 10:23
rcaircraftnut wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 01:26 Bought this Wednesday after work. Going to go pick it up tomorrow morning and bring it to the new shop. Hope to start teardown next week.20190703_144914.jpg
Looked into doing all Coosa board and it's just a bit under $1700 plus shipping. Not sure I want to go that route. May just do flberglass over wood cores. I have a bunch of hard balsa wood I could use for cores but that is a lot of work. May have to use plywood this time untill budget constraints are looser. If I do a coosa transom and a coosa subfloor now and wood decks I can add coosa decks later. Will have to see. I dont want to be without a boat this summer so using funds from sale of the basstraker isnt an option at this time.
I like that squarebody burb in the background.Also like that C10. had a a 79 k10 i believe stepside shortbed. I have a 87 r10 longbed. Are you apart of any squarebody pages?
The burb ain't mine. That pic is from where the boat sat when I first saw it. Lol.

rcaircraftnut

Post by rcaircraftnut »

Think I may just order a kit from tinyboatnation to do the decks and hatches all in aluminum. Good place to spend my shut up check.

rcaircraftnut

Post by rcaircraftnut »

Finally got my move ect sort of sorted. Lol. Either way I am back on the boat. Transom is made stronger with layers of glass cloth and resin. Outboard is mounted. Livewell plumbing is done. All but the front fishing seat and hatch are framed and same with decks cut. Only wood in boat is above the fishing deck.
Vinyl is ordered. Need to order more stuff. Stay tuned.

rcaircraftnut

Post by rcaircraftnut »

Current status.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silentbravo

Post by silentbravo »

Looking good. Lots of decking on there.
1978 Starcraft SUS 16 O/B